contraception confussion plz help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

contraception confussion plz help

to all the married ladies on G.S. i want ur help , im getting marry after 1 week & me & my husband have decided to have a family planning until next 2 to 3 years, but now we both r confused wat should we do for birth control/ contraception (spelling*). since i didnot agree for the pills so we had ended up deciding on using condoms, but now i'll get marry on the 25th day of my cycle days, so my cousin has said that u wont expect if u'll have intercousre after ur 21st day of cycle, & i'll get marry on my 25th day, so there wont be any problem. & so do my husband says, but i dont have anyyy idea about it so i want to ask all the ladies that is it true?

still im studying & have to complete my masters, (im 23 yrs old) & my husband also want to study yet. so we cannot take care of our baby so we have to wait for few yrs. so plz tell me do we have to use any type of contraception on 1st night or we can skip it for the 1st night & can use it on the next other days.

im feeling too awkward in writing this but its a natural system so cannot deny it, plz i request my all sisters to help me out since i have not got anyone to guide me through.

Thanks!

Re: contraception confussion plz help

Do not rely on dates. People ovulate at different times and while there are ranges, the ranges are broad and have to be monitored.

So to make it simple, don't take a risk. Just use something.
    Don't be hurtin' and hatin' cuz my phone is so cool!

Comment

Yes, what you're describing is called the "rhythm method," and it is not always effective. Ovulation is easily influenced by stress, excitement, and obviously hormones. It's hard to know when you'll be ovulating, even if you're period is regular.

Comment

Originally posted by Sahar02 View Post
        Yes, what you're describing is called the "rhythm method," and it is not always effective. Ovulation is easily influenced by stress, excitement, and obviously hormones. It's hard to know when you'll be ovulating, even if you're period is regular.
        Its not the rythm method if they are using condoms!

Comment

You can use condoms from teh first day onwards, you can also use spermicide with it to up the odds of not conceving!

Comment

LN....there are several options that u have , that you could use alone or in combination

1 )If ur cycles are regular then yes the week after your period and the week just befoe is considered "safe period" so ur not likely to conceive however this method of contraception is not reliable as cycle can vary.

A simpler way of remembering it is that in a regular 28 day cycle ABSTAIN from unprotected intercourse from Days 8 to day 19 of the cycle . however this method has about 2--30% failure rate .

2) Condoms....again u could combine this with the first method or alone .again the failure rate is about 3-13% in the first year.

3)Combined oral contraceptive..or COC pills are also very safe and have a very low failure rate 0.1% if used properly that is regularly and at the same time each day however in ur case its a lil late to start though u could start it with ur next period. AND no it does not affect ur fertility as most ppl believe.

there are more methods like IUCDs , implants , injectables and withdrawal but i doubt u want sumthing that long term....

hope this helps.....lemme knoe if u have any queries..

"If you're gonna be two-faced at least make one of them pretty."

>>> Perfecsheyn <<<

Comment

i usd pills and still got pregnant.. im not sayng contraception methods always fail...but u got to be really careful or u will end up in a terrible situation
              ***Behekti Chokri***

Comment

Sweety, my advice to you is that if you dont want to have kids right away, then take the necessary precautions and dont risk it. So regardless of what day of your cycle you get married on, use the condoms and just play it safe until you both are ready to have kids

And no need to feel awkward about asking your question, there is nothing wrong with what you said....trust me we have all seen much worse on GS!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding btw!

Comment

Originally posted by eastern11 View Post
                  Its not the rythm method if they are using condoms!
                  Yes, I know. She is trying to avoid condoms by predicting ovulation.

Comment

Originally posted by citrine View Post
                    i usd pills and still got pregnant.. im not sayng contraception methods always fail...but u got to be really careful or u will end up in a terrible situation
                    OMG pills fail! did you take them properly.

lajwanti- you can try plan b pills or morning after pills just in case, no.

Comment

pills have a 98% success rate, do they not? you have to take them every single day, at the same time, or close to the same time. if you miss one or more, then yes, you're going to get pregnant.

also, lajwanti, as everyone else has said- take precautions and don't listen to your cousin! you WILL get pregnant if you don't use a condom, or get on the pill, or use spermicide, or all of the above.
                      Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will.
                      - Nehru

Comment

if you do not want to get pregnant and do not want a family for sometime consider longer alternatives like

the contraceptive implant- placed in your arm lasts 3 years i'd say get this
                        contraceptive injection - lasts 1 yr/ 8 wks depending on type of injection
                        intrauterine device/intrauterine system - IUD lasts 10 yrs IUS- 5 years
                        contraception patch - a bit like a nicotine patch but one patch lasts for 1 week so you wear a new patch for 3 weeks then have a break.

I suggest u see ur doctor to talk about methods suited best to you

Comment

Originally posted by haimeradil View Post
                          OMG pills fail! did you take them properly.

lajwanti- you can try plan b pills or morning after pills just in case, no.

i did but its a long story there was some prob with my monthly cycle and i didnt know that and so the dates got messed up and so nd so nd so on
                          ***Behekti Chokri***

Comment

Sister, please dont use anything other than condoms! Dont use anything with hormones, patta hai these things are not bad lekin 1st child say pehlay aaisi cheezein nahin use karni chahiye coz some particular hormones disturb ho jaate hain and u will most probably have troube conceiving when u do want 2 have kids later on. 2 Gynos told me this, promise.

Stick to condoms.

Comment

Originally posted by Spock
                              Just dont do it
                              I listen to Mos Def while I post.

Comment

Working...
                              X