Chicken Soup for the Soul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken Soup for the Soul

Great book, but have you guys ever tried drinking chicken soup when you have a cold?

Ultimate goodness in one cup. Hmmmmm. It helps to strengthen immunity, give energy, clear nasal passages...it's awesome.
    Don't be hurtin' and hatin' cuz my phone is so cool!

Re: Chicken Soup for the Soul

ya it always helps...i wl need it 2morow. Hopefully it wont disturb my diet too much

Comment

I don't make chicken soups..I don't know why I can't have it, it just doesn't look like something I'd ever try in my life. But I think Maggi does the same job when I have cold, I know it isn't healthy but I love it. :-)

Comment

Love the books and love the soup!

But usually I do Chinese chicken corn soup

Comment

Chicken/Bone broth is also good for joints and bones because of collagen and gelatin that comes out of bones after 2-4 hours of simmering.

Adding a splash of vinegar after the first boil, before bringing it to a simmer, helps leeching out more collagen, gelatin, and minerals from the bones.
          How much wood would a wood chuck chuck .. if a wood chuck would chuck wood

Comment

yakhni or stock most of the time. not necessarily soup. i like it like that. all salty and yummy. and eating with a piece of toasted bread. that's just heaven now
            \_o_ Guiltyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
            -\_/|
            -/-\ -
            and then Buffy staked Edward and the Winchesters SAWED OFF HIS SPARKLY HEAD WITH A MACHETE and set him on fire to finish it. The End.

Comment

Great tip Restless. Khumi, I love yakhni. Plain and simple.
              Don't be hurtin' and hatin' cuz my phone is so cool!

Comment

Working...
              X