When Happy or Sad I Vommit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Happy or Sad I Vommit

Okay I don't know where to post this but this is serious.
    I have a friend who has this problem. Whenever she is happy or sad - or feel any kind of extreme emotions - nervousness, excitement - SHE VOMMITS!
    I don't know what to do and how to help her. Does this sound fimiliar to any of you guys? She is in the phase of her shaadi and all and wants to get this fixed before.
    I HAVE TOLD HER THOUSAND TIMES TO GO SEE A DOCTOR but she never listens But yes I know she will go and see about it. But I wanted to ask you all as well if anyone knows what this is? I've never heard/seen anything like this before.
    Serious feedback would be appreciated.

Re: When Happy or Sad Vommit I Vommit

hmmm,even i have never heard/seen anything like this before.I think there is no other option for her except of this that she should better see a doctor.
    Success starts with beginning...

Comment

this could be a case of "involuntary psychogenic vomiting" where vomiting is a way her body copes with extreme emotions and anxiety. One study said that a psychotherapist employed the use of self-control and self-relaxation techniques to treat such a patient and it was successful. So maybe ask her to see a psychotherapist?
      "Are you Laiiiiike .....Chaaicking me Aoout?"

Comment

ok i am similar to this, i also vomit
        Heart in London. Mind in Lahore. Physically in Dubai. Loving it every millisecond.

Comment

It's not uncommon. Even though I don't vomit, I feel like vomitting, I get headaches, aches and pains, feel tired and dizzy. If it happens a lot, she should see a doc. If it's only once in a while it's normal.
          A samurai bares no sign of weakness, even when dying of hunger.

Comment

so should i go see a doctor?
            Heart in London. Mind in Lahore. Physically in Dubai. Loving it every millisecond.

Comment

If you dont mind i am moving this tO health Forum...
              The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

Re: When Happy or Sad I Vommit

Do some neck excercise, i think vomiting procedure stimulate some thing in neck to, at behind.
                And if you train your neck muscles you are less like to vomit.
                I am telling that from experoence.
                ﺃﷲ ﻧﯣﺮ ﺇﺴﻣﺇﯣﺇﺕ ﯣﺇﻠﺄﺮﺾ_ Best cheese-maker of monkVille

Comment

I hope she gets better soon!

Has this been happening always or just now? Cause maybe she's overwhelmed .. or going through stuff as marriage is a big deal and there's so much you have to do, so many preps and all so maybe that's why she's unable to take extreme emotions. but seeing a doctor is very important. dont ask her or tell her to go .. you take her!!

I just had to say this.. I was having ice cream .. cookies n cream with brownie batter!! I came across this thread and I think I'm done!! Vomit talk aint exactly whipped cream that goes amazingly well with ice cream!! So thanks!!

Comment

i am the sameeeeeeeeeeee way..
                    i might not actually vomit but i get the urge to..something tht helps me is ilaechi. I have had this problem for a longggg time now and my dadi always use to keep ilaechi for me and it just helps me..just tell her to chew on ilaechi it helps!
                    KuCh IsTaRah ..Teri PaLkiEN..mEri PalkON se miLaDeY..AnsooO TeRe sAREy MeRi PALkoN pE sAjAdEY

Comment

Just keep a bag with you.

That does not seem to be a disease.

You could have told us the happy or sad events for example. We would understand better.
                      Impress me..with your intelligence and wit. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Sara516 View Post
                        If you dont mind i am moving this tO health Forum...
                        You are so polite.
                        Impress me..with your intelligence and wit. :-)

Comment

Gone with the wind, I think it may be just a reaction of the stomach muscles. For example, I know some people who start coughing when they are extremely happy or if they are crying.

I guess the best thing would be for her to try to control the intensity of her emotions, especially in public. She could try to distract herself when she feels the sensation coming along.
                          Don't be hurtin' and hatin' cuz my phone is so cool!

Comment

Working...
                          X