Flu Shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flu Shot

Do you believe in receiving it annually or you simply don't bother?

I don't believe in it. I've only had it once and it was because it was mandatory (since I was going to tanzania). Other than that I've never gotten it and never will.

I'll let my own immune system take care of me...not putting anything into my body that I don't have to.
    TOGETHER WE STAND AND TOGETHER WE FALL

Re: Flu Shot

There is nothing to not to believe about having flu shots. Flue shots are designed to prevent Influenza virus, which is different than your common cold. Healthy people like you and me can fight it off because of our strong immune system. On the other hand, it should be given to babies of 6 months/ppl with immune suppressed/ pregnant woman and elderly. They are more prone to develop complications of flu because of not fighting it off naturally.

I say if you are prone to getting sick often during winter or flu season then its better to get it. There are no complications of this vaccine unless you are allergic to it. Nothing harmful getting into your body - its just a killed influenza viruses, which causes your body to produce antibody against Influenza. Just in case you get exposed to this virus later on, the antibodies will attack and kill them.

And Yes, I get my shot almost every yr.
    Im too proud & mean.

Comment

My daughter got hers today. In fact they get them every year without fail as our ped highly recommends it, and I must say that while they do get hit by the occasional cold, they don't get sick with the flu. My husband I have gotten them before as well but last year we skipped... don't remember why.
      Don't be hurtin' and hatin' cuz my phone is so cool!

Comment

For people who are at risk, it is recommended to have a flu jab. For example, diabetics and those with asthma.

Comment

Working...
        X