Is It a Realistic Goal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is It a Realistic Goal?

I am wondering if I can lose 15 pounds in 2 months...is it a realistic goal?

Now, a little something about me. I am 22, 5'6, and 71 kgs. I want to go down to atleast 65.

I am not working. Sitting around on the net or watching tv, eating is what sums up my day. I have recently got a Gym membership, but I dont get to go more than 2-3 days a week, sometimes even less than that.

I tell myself everyday, that I'll start tomorrow..but I am always tempted to eat something fatty the next day.

Please give me some motivation and tips on how I can move more (what should be my routine at the gym) and eat better...

I have put on all this weight in just less than an year. It depresses me.

Help me out!!!

U wud prolly have to eliminate majority of carbs from u're diet and stick to lean meat (proteins) Have wholewheat bread instead of white and include plenty of fresh fruit!

U have a gym membership just drag urself there and u're trainer wud take care of the rest! He/she will be able to direct u on what sort of exercises are best for u according to u're body shape..and what needs "toning" and u're target area's!

Good luck!
    ..all you need is trust and a little bit of pixie dust!

Comment

Re: Is It a Realistic Goal?

Thanks Gina!

I guess u are right. A trainer can help me out better with this instead of doing it all by myself.

It's so hard to swtich to protien since I am more of a vegetarian person. I do eat chicken but not loads of it, which makes it hard for me to switch to a protiend diet. I do know that it can give me the quick fix I am lookinf for... :S

Comment

^ Me too! But I really browse sites and find myself diff ways of cooking veggies so I don't get bored! You can incorporate beans into u're diet..as well as corn!

Comment

Can you let me know of some of those websites...I go totally blank when it comes to cooking veggies...

Comment

one pound=3500 calories

do the math...if u eat approx 900 calories less than your current intake everyday (or exercise everyday and bring the 900 number down to a more do-able number) then theoretically u can lose 15 pounds in 2 months.

P.S. i think this is not a realistic (or healthy) goal. You should focus on a more long term goal. cutting so many calories can take a toll on your mind, health and your looks.
            "Are you Laiiiiike .....Chaaicking me Aoout?"

Comment

^ yup makes sense....I dont want to lose more than 2 pounds a week...but that's definitely going to take some work...n I guess 2 pounds is a healthy way to go about it...

Comment

^ 2 pounds a week is realistic =) it's a lifestyle change, and not easy!

Comment

just a few 20 oz bottles of soda/juice are almost 900 calories... not to mention the shugar content
                  The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

I used to be over weight as well and basically dieting never really helped me. I would say for me eating a balanced diet but less was better also cut out all sweets chocolates and fizzy drinks. Only have them on special occasions and don't eat after 6 pm preferably. Also if you are hungry snack healthy foods like dried fruit, nuts. Also drink more water and at the gym make a circuit routine so certain areas of your body get worked out which you want to focus on. Try yoga and pilates (these help to tone your body).

Comment

i lost 5 kg in last two months......and all i did was tht i didnt eat any sweet stuff...
                      ***Behekti Chokri***

Comment

this looks very realistic to me considering how people are loosing 20-30 pounds a month...argh! i wonder how they do it?!? and also why the do it cuz ofcourse that cant be normal and good for health. Also, one must always loose weight slowly otherwise would end up with alot of loose muscles/skin which would take be tough to tone.

i have just joined up at a gym yesterday and i am dreaded starting the workout again but i hope i survive thru this cuz i also need 2 weight alot of unwanted pounds

Comment

So guys, since I posted the thread...I have lost 2 pounds by now...so happy

All I did was cut out on sugary stuff as someone suggested. Also I controlled my portions. I walked instead of going to the gym for like an hour. It's working so far. Lets see how it progresses.

Comment

Hi

Anyone thought of using Wii fit?????

Ive just been reading reviews on it, sounds like a good way 2 keep a steady weight loss programme and have fun at same time..???

any reviews?

Comment

Originally posted by shweetdreamz View Post
                              one pound=3500 calories

do the math...if u eat approx 900 calories less than your current intake everyday (or exercise everyday and bring the 900 number down to a more do-able number) then theoretically u can lose 15 pounds in 2 months.

P.S. i think this is not a realistic (or healthy) goal. You should focus on a more long term goal. cutting so many calories can take a toll on your mind, health and your looks.
                              i nvr knew that ....that's a lot of calories

Comment

Working...
                              X