Do you really get colds in the cold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you really get colds in the cold?

You know how we always cover ourselves up when goin outside in the cold so that we don't catch a cold...

Well knowing the cold is actually passed on by our germy pals, what's the reasoning behind the statement in the title?
    Don't be hurtin' and hatin' cuz my phone is so cool!

good question i wud like to knw aswell

Comment

Re: Do you really get colds in the cold?

I think the problem is that during cold weather, you turn up the heat inside and close all your windows. This gives germs the opportunity to thrive. Open windows and fresh air allow germs to blow away. During the more temperate months also, you dont really have those super warm places like near heaters for germs to thrive.

It stands to reason because any enclosed environment is like a happy breeding ground for germs. Airplanes, busses, trains. If you're on an airplane for a long flight and even ONE person is ill, chances are that a really good percentage of the other passengers will get it.

Comment

theres no corelation, its a desi myth

Comment

mo3 i agree with u
          Picking a fight on an internet forum is like running in the Special Olympics , win or lose , U're still retarded ....
          Doing nothing is very hard to do.... You never know when you're finished...
          .......Come & visit me sometime..........

Comment

It is not a myth. Cold, low humid air can dry our nasal passage which make virus transmission easier. Also, dry, cold conditions pull moisture out of droplets released by coughs and sneezes so the virus linger in the air.
            "Common sense is instinct, and enough of it is genius."

Comment

well this is a fact: as seasons change, so do our body, and to protect our body we need to take preventative measures during this change (ie covering up for fall/winter and avoiding cold food) so i agree with hulahoop queen it's not a myth.
              And never take those killed in the way of Allah as dead. Rather, they are alive, with their Lord, well-provided, happy with what Allah has given them of His grace [Al-Imran, v169]

Comment

Working...
              X