Steps towards Living a Healthy Lifestyle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steps towards Living a Healthy Lifestyle

The #1 killer among men and women in America is heart disease. Conditions such as hypertension, diabetes, and high cholestrol can lead to this disease. The importance of living a healthy lifestyle is crucial for everyone...young and old...whether you have a family history of such diseases/conditions or not.

List some specific conditions and diseases that are of concern to you (perhaps those that you have a family history of) and what preventative measures are you taking towards living a healthy lifestyle for yourself and your family?

Re: Steps towards Living a Healthy Lifestyle

i don't have any such family history allhamdulillah , and i'm so fond of our traditional food .......... so in order to eat and stay healthy while enjoying all sort of yummy dishes , i've gradually cut down on salt , oil/ fat, sugar, and red meat intake, and all sort of fatty + high caloric snacks ( try to replace them with fruits) , esp to stay free of hypertension , diabetes and high cholestrol as long as i could............... also i prefer to have water instead of soda whenever i have a heavy or high caloric meal
    Picking a fight on an internet forum is like running in the Special Olympics , win or lose , U're still retarded ....
    Doing nothing is very hard to do.... You never know when you're finished...
    .......Come & visit me sometime..........

Comment

I have the following family histories:
      Heart Disease
      Diabetes
      High Cholestrol
      Hypertension
      Cancer
      Arthritis

Apart from my annual physicals, I maintain a healthy weight, try to do pilates 2-3 times a week, eat a balanced diet, low carbs, low fat, and take a multivatimin, calcium and antioxidant complex.

I should exercise more.
      Don't be hurtin' and hatin' cuz my phone is so cool!

Comment

i dont have any family history by the grace of Allah...but i do take much care regarding cooking...like the food which i cook at home is low in salt rather no salt at all, somewhat low in mirch..i use canola oil for cooking...parathay and stuff like this i dont make...we use brown bread,low-fat milk, low fat yogurt...for roti i use brown atta...for chawal i sometimes use brown chawal and sometimes when i cook the normal white rice..i always drain the starch away...

no chips...but sometimes chocolate we do have...low fat and no sugar added ice cream is used....

so Alhumd. everything is going fine and smooth
        but when we go to pak..sara kuch baira ghurk hojata hai...laal shorbay k baghair sallun nai buntay...buhut mirch aur nammuk b...buss sara kuch opposite he hora hota hai...!

Comment

well i have a family history of heart disease,diabetes,hypertesion..my dad died of a heatattck,so did my grand dad n taya abu,,so yea i gotta be very careful..i exercise 6 times a week,,both aerobics n gym,,i try to eat healthy but i love eating out,but i have a good metabolism n i'm slim.n yeah i have anxiety n hypertension n i take meds for it.
          long live musharraf!..we still love u sir ..ur a survivor..!

Comment

Awwal Akhir marna hai, so enjoy!

ok im kidding.

I have all those diseases Niksik mentioned too!

wait , I DONT have em, I meant its in my family...

What lifestyle should we adopt?

STOP EATING AFTER 9!
            "Lets not dwell into matters which have already been dealt with 1400 years ago. Go read for yourself, and understand it yourself." Sh. Hamza Yusuf

Comment

The simple step towards healthy lifestyle is to learn to be happy as happiness is the cure for every disease. when happiness went your tension. depression and other diseases grow which lead to the destruction of your health.

Comment

Originally posted by rukhsaramjad View Post
                The simple step towards healthy lifestyle is to learn to be happy as happiness is the cure for every disease. when happiness went your tension. depression and other diseases grow which lead to the destruction of your health.
                bari gal keeti e...
                Marr te gaye aaN ........per Chassss aaa gai A

Comment

so keep smiling and always be happy.

Comment

On Tuesday, Scotland became the first country in the world to make period products freely available. Matt Galloway spoke to Monica Lennon, the Member of Scottish Parliament who first introduced the bill, and Jana Girdauskas, founder of The Period Purse, about the bill and what Canada can take from it.
                    Shine on the world like loving sunlight (Rumi).
                    The most important principle of environment: you are not the only element (Mahavira)
                    Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without
                    (Buddha).

Comment

Working...
                    X