Daily weight loss diary and support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily weight loss diary and support

Hi there. After many failed attempts to lose weight I have decided to post here for some support and be accountable for my diet plan and weight loss journey.

I am from the U.K and I’ve decided I want a break from food.

my meal plan daily will be 2 natural protein shakes. The company is called Purition and is made from
    whole foods so it’s basically a meal replacement. And one evening well balanced evening meal.
    I will be weighing myself daily along with stating what I ate.

I have tried so many avenues and nothing has worked. I also have PCOS so am sensitive to eating carbs and sugar which I often crave.

it’s getting me down. I am 40 and I feel like I’ve just given up. I get depressed about it and my clothes are not comfortable on me anymore. I just want to be at a healthy BMI.

I sincerely hope that some posters will follow my journey and give encouragement, support and suggestions.

Originally posted by Jenna View Post
    Hi there. After many failed attempts to lose weight I have decided to post here for some support and be accountable for my diet plan and weight loss journey.

I am from the U.K and I’ve decided I want a break from food.

my meal plan daily will be 2 natural protein shakes. The company is called Purition and is made from
    whole foods so it’s basically a meal replacement. And one evening well balanced evening meal.
    I will be weighing myself daily along with stating what I ate.

I have tried so many avenues and nothing has worked. I also have PCOS so am sensitive to eating carbs and sugar which I often crave.

it’s getting me down. I am 40 and I feel like I’ve just given up. I get depressed about it and my clothes are not comfortable on me anymore. I just want to be at a healthy BMI.

I sincerely hope that some posters will follow my journey and give encouragement, support and suggestions.
    Good on you, I lost 30 lbs last year and gained a lot of muscle, I walked a lot, did strength training, intermittent fasting and ate a lot of meat. Hope you are successful in your journey. I am still looking to lose 10lbs but it’s not happening

Comment

Thanks for your input Bobby.
      well day one was a bit of a fail.
      Started well with one shake. Come lunchtime I was making pilau for the family and craving food so I gave in and had that with veg & 4 spring rolls all baked. I consumed a heavy meal thinking in the evening I would only eat another shake.
      But when making dinner I got tempted again. I made baked chips and beans and ate a fried samosa!!

i guess I didn’t consider the temptation of cooking for family.

it’s Monday tomorrow and as the kids aren’t a around I’m hoping there will
      be less temptation at lunchtime. Feeling so heavy and bloated.

Also Zero motivation even though I have all the equipment I need at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenna View Post
        Thanks for your input Bobby.
        well day one was a bit of a fail.
        Started well with one shake. Come lunchtime I was making pilau for the family and craving food so I gave in and had that with veg & 4 spring rolls all baked. I consumed a heavy meal thinking in the evening I would only eat another shake.
        But when making dinner I got tempted again. I made baked chips and beans and ate a fried samosa!!

i guess I didn’t consider the temptation of cooking for family.

it’s Monday tomorrow and as the kids aren’t a around I’m hoping there will
        be less temptation at lunchtime. Feeling so heavy and bloated.

Also Zero motivation even though I have all the equipment I need at home.
        You can't deprive yourself, I now cook pilau with double triple meat, add chickpeas in it. If you cook rice and reheat then you increase the resistant starch in it and that is not as bad for you. I wasn't a big fan of shakes, they don't give satiety. Maybe have a big omelet with lots of veggies in the morning. My boys eat 5 eggs, and turkey sausages in the morning.

Cottage cheese has amazing macros also, I know girls don't like beef but that keeps you full. You keep going, young lady. You can eat as much meat as you like and wont gain weight. You dont get fullness hormones drinking shakes.

Comment

If you're married, have kids, cook for family then it would be quite tough to not crave what you're cooking so will be alot more difficult to lose weight. Also, losing 2-4 KGS is much easier than losing more than that. Max I needed to lose was 3 kgs (58Kgs is the max I got whereas 55kgs is my perfect BMI) years ago when I was working on very busy, rotating schedules & eating junk daily. So I'll share tips for smaller weight loss.

1. Never stay hungry completely or on protein shakes. Instead eat boiled/steamed in smaller portions only. That is healthier & better than protein shakes.

2. Remove from your diet all the fried food, pizzas, fastfood, outside food, all the junk food & remove all the snacking (If you dont stop snacking, you can never lose weight). Also stop eating eggs in any form.

3. Intermittent fasting definitely good not just for weight loss but to stay disease-free & healthy. Any day of the week when I feel I have over-eaten, I simply fast the next day. Plain morning tea & no breakfast. No food till maghrib like fasting in ramadan. By the end of the day, you feel so refreshed & energized.

4. Eat lesser & smaller portions of non-fried healthy, homemade food. To make your portions smaller, drink water before starting & eat slow, very slow. Take a long time making / taking new bite. Keep yourself busy (reading or watching anything) while eating which will naturally divert your focus away from eating (make it slower).

5. Lose interest in food I hope you know how & I dont need to elaborate.

6. Lastly, reduce sugar & sweetened food from diet if you cant remove completely or replace with healthier options like jaggary.

Comment

Working...
          X