Baseline results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baseline results

Last week I had a physical done. Had some worrying numbers but they are mostly borderline. I am starting my plant based diet tomorrow. I researched this diet for 2 full days. All the pros/cons and I firmly believe it is for me.
    I weighed myself today and am hoping in one month both my lab results, weight and bp decrease.
    Anyone else doing plant based? Any recommendations? I also need to stick to my exercise regimen. It is hard during Covid but I realized that is just an excuse. Hoping to focus on yoga and running outside in the AM, walking outside at lunch and doing at home cardio, strength training and stretching in the evening and finishing off with meditation at night.

I lost most of my weight eating lots of lean meat, lots of walking and gyms are closed so free weight body work outs, all the plant based proteins are loaded with carbs, although Tyson lost his weight doing plant based. A lean steak has less calories than half cup Channa
    Can of Sardines is 50 gram proteins

Carbs spike insulin that in turn stores fat, you could try intermittent fasting where you don’t eat for 14 hours, staying hungry is good also try to boost testosterone levels that gives a lean muscular body

Comment

• The Last Straw
      The Last Straw commented
      Editing a comment
      Chal bay! You lost weight by dimming the lights and wearing a towel.

The Last Straw aka RV seems like that pic had shaken you, is it your screen saver lol. The other day I did 120 floors but phone recorded 90 floors, this is what we can do and a lot more
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• safari1
      safari1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bro that is amazing. I had a set back and did nothing yesterday but this morning I was like f**k it and I rowed 6 miles. I have my ups and downs but now I am in an aggressive mentality of "F the world". Probably not healthy but its helping me get by instead of my problems consuming me.

Getting angry is a good thing if you use that energy positively, My boy introduced me to a controversial psychologist Jordan Peterson
    you should listen to him, he says we should be angry. Your test levels depend on how you feel, if you give up, feel dejected your test levels go down and you start storing fat, so it is important to feel like you are making accomplishments a little bit daily. Make small goals and accomplish them, take vitamin D, magnesium, lucetin etc to boost test.
    happy to see you taking action

Comment

Originally posted by safari1 View Post
      Last week I had a physical done. Had some worrying numbers but they are mostly borderline. I am starting my plant based diet tomorrow. I researched this diet for 2 full days. All the pros/cons and I firmly believe it is for me.
      I weighed myself today and am hoping in one month both my lab results, weight and bp decrease.
      Anyone else doing plant based? Any recommendations? I also need to stick to my exercise regimen. It is hard during Covid but I realized that is just an excuse. Hoping to focus on yoga and running outside in the AM, walking outside at lunch and doing at home cardio, strength training and stretching in the evening and finishing off with meditation at night.
      I cannot comment on the diet since i'm no expert and dont believe in throwing ideas without research.

However, for fitness glad you already have a plan. I would strongly suggest to stick with a continuous movement plan. It includes, walking and/or running, and most importantly Cardio exercises. You just cannot ignore the latter. Pushups, pullups, situps, squats, lunges and whatever your body allows. Check out our other thread in fitness section where we logged some of the exercises at home.

I strongly believe fitness i something we all should do together and become a motivation for each other
      Attitude is more important than facts.
      "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post

I cannot comment on the diet since i'm no expert and dont believe in throwing ideas without research.

However, for fitness glad you already have a plan. I would strongly suggest to stick with a continuous movement plan. It includes, walking and/or running, and most importantly Cardio exercises. You just cannot ignore the latter. Pushups, pullups, situps, squats, lunges and whatever your body allows. Check out our other thread in fitness section where we logged some of the exercises at home.

I strongly believe fitness i something we all should do together and become a motivation for each other
        The most overlooked aspect of fitness is rest, state of mind and stress. Stress and loneliness are the biggest killers. It is important that people have a positive self and internal talk and get the attitude that if you cant change someting than change the way you look at the same thing. Our buildings doors are locked and clients ring bells, most people around me are lazy and I used to get annoyed and now I changed perspevtive and am happy that I am getting my steps in. To Op keep getting steps in whenever you can, just going to gym does not cut it. Look in the mirror and growl and say I am an Alpha and I will charm everyone who crosses my path.

Comment

Working...
        X