Importance of physical fitness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importance of physical fitness

Regular exercise and physical activity promotes strong muscles and bones. It improves respiratory, cardiovascular health, and overall health. Staying active can also help you maintain a healthy weight, reduce your risk for type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and reduce your risk for some cancers.

Absolutely. Exercise is extremely important.

The toughest part about covid-19 is dealing with these lockdowns. I had a really solid routine for gym and this pandemic and the lockdowns in Canada have ruined it for me. It will take me a couple years to recover from this.
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people abuse the privilege - Joseph Stallin.

Comment

Originally posted by yaasir View Post
      Absolutely. Exercise is extremely important.

The toughest part about covid-19 is dealing with these lockdowns. I had a really solid routine for gym and this pandemic and the lockdowns in Canada have ruined it for me. It will take me a couple years to recover from this.
      Couple years to recover?

Comment

Originally posted by Sajalina View Post

Couple years to recover?
        I gain weight really fast & lose weight very slowly. I will lose about 3-4 pounds very easily & then it takes a lot of effort & diet control for me to lose weight. My unhealthy eating habits & being a night owl doesn't help things .

Having said that, after the first 3 months of lockdown in my city, it took me about 6 months to get back to my pre lockdown weight. This current lockdown is most probably going to last about 2 months... so I might have exaggerated a bit by saying a couple years.

But then again, it also depends on the fact if I start working again. I was able to get back into prime shape in 6 months because I was not working & I was going to the gym 6 days a week & spending 2-3 hours at the gym for the last part of that 6 month period.

Gladly, even though I have gained a few pounds in this current lockdown, I'm not obese or fat by any means. It's just that I'm used to being in good shape all my life & I started going to the gym regularly when I was 18 & I'm 34 now...so I've gotten used to that lifestyle.
        Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people abuse the privilege - Joseph Stallin.

Comment

Originally posted by yaasir View Post

I gain weight really fast & lose weight very slowly. I will lose about 3-4 pounds very easily & then it takes a lot of effort & diet control for me to lose weight. My unhealthy eating habits & being a night owl doesn't help things .

Having said that, after the first 3 months of lockdown in my city, it took me about 6 months to get back to my pre lockdown weight. This current lockdown is most probably going to last about 2 months... so I might have exaggerated a bit by saying a couple years.

But then again, it also depends on the fact if I start working again. I was able to get back into prime shape in 6 months because I was not working & I was going to the gym 6 days a week & spending 2-3 hours at the gym for the last part of that 6 month period.

Gladly, even though I have gained a few pounds in this current lockdown, I'm not obese or fat by any means. It's just that I'm used to being in good shape all my life & I started going to the gym regularly when I was 18 & I'm 34 now...so I've gotten used to that lifestyle.

lol, thanks for the detailed clarification and good luck, you got this!

Comment

• yaasir
            yaasir commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank You

I am glad that people have begun to understand the benefits of sports.

Comment

Working...
          X