Exercising at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Obama View Post

Ah Yes forgot to Tell All, The next Home will have a POOL like This One! and Y'ALL are Invited....

Click image for larger version

Name:	BackYardPool.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	16685747
    Beautiful place!! I'll sit on the side and watch you all
    Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

This link has a unique tip that I havent read anywhere else yet

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/advic...172803395.html

Gyms are closed nationwide — and may not reopen for months — as the coronavirus pandemic steamrolls into towns. Amazon’s shipment dates on free weights are a month long, not to mention the prices are astronomical as demand surges with people working out from home.

Don’t be discouraged though, there are still great ways to stay healthy. And keeping your immune system in tip top shape is more critical than ever before if one wants to ward off the deadly coronavirus (though nothing could truly contain in). The CEO of privately held health club Life Time Fitness, Bahram Akradi, tells Yahoo Finance health must be one of your key focuses right now — as important as finding a camera to make Zoom video calls for work from a home office.
      “As for advice I have right now, it’s to do at least 20 to 30 minutes of moderate exercise. That helps your immune system. Also eat healthy and stay away from packaged foods, and stay away from anything that causes inflammation. Inflammation is the enemy,” Akradi said on Yahoo Finance’s The First Trade.

So that means no cans of Coca-Cola and Hershey chocolate — rather more water and salads. Sucks, but it has to be done amidst this pandemic.
      Attitude is more important than facts.
      "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

I dont have any kinda gym equip so when this whole isolation thingy began I started with the basic routine:

I set my baseline as :

10x pushups
        10x situps
        10x squat

2 reps of each activity both morning and evening so that makes 4 rep in a day.

and then few days I threw 25x (2 reps) jumping jack and 1 min (2 rep) plank both morn & eve so that makes 4 reps each again.

The good part is that in between I had rozas of sha'ban and I stick with this rouitne.

As of today my stretching workout is:

30 Jumping jacks (2 reps)
        18 pushups (2 reps)
        12x forward lunge each leg
        12x backward lunge each leg
        20 squat (2 rep)
        25 situps (2 rep)
        1 min 40 sec plank (2 rep)
        12 sideways squat (each side)

I repeat same set both morn and eve. Hoping to stick with it

Comment

• LP
          LP commented
          Editing a comment
          Good going!

I've been struggling to keep up with the same amount of stretch exercises during Roza. I do get all the morning reps done but in evening when I've to do it twice, I do it once in the eve and then run out of energy to do the 2nd rep.

So overall, I'm doing 3 reps instead of 4 of the routine I posted earlier.

But on the flip side I'm going out to run outside on alternate days, roughly 4 miles in evening before Iftar

Comment

I used to do breathing exercises for stress relief. Perhaps I should start doing them again!
          Shine on the world like loving sunlight (Rumi).
          The most important principle of environment: you are not the only element (Mahavira)
          Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without
          (Buddha).

Comment

• SID_NY
            SID_NY commented
            Editing a comment
            how did you do those exercises, can you jot down?

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
          how did you do those exercises, can you jot down?
          Kind of like this.

Shine on the world like loving sunlight (Rumi).
          The most important principle of environment: you are not the only element (Mahavira)
          Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without
          (Buddha).

Comment

a lot of stretching, and a lot of sit ups and crunches.. thats what my routine is like these days.
            Masih k hum ghulam hain jo waqt ka imam hai
            Jo uss ko maanta nahi wo waqt ka ghulam hai

Comment

Reliving this thread. Lets starting doing some and share here. Bring some positivity and motivation for others.

LP Cashmere navzzz and everyone else..

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
                Reliving this thread. Lets starting doing some and share here. Bring some positivity and motivation for others.

LP Cashmere navzzz and everyone else..
                I'll walk on a daily basis...that good enough?
                Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

• SID_NY
                  SID_NY commented
                  Editing a comment
                  yess if you tell us how long did you walk etc

• LP
                  LP commented
                  Editing a comment
                  SID_NY 5000+ steps today

• SID_NY
                  SID_NY commented
                  Editing a comment
                  O wow very good. Reminds me of that step challenge we once had here, few years ago but now seems forever.. sigh

WHATT. I didn't know we had this thread. I posted exercise info in the wrong one.

"Brevity is the soul of wit." Hamlet, William Shakespeare.

Comment

• SID_NY
                  SID_NY commented
                  Editing a comment
                  haha.. this thread can be your activity tracker so yea next time when you do some

Every morning I go swimming in the ocean, then have a run on the beach. It has become mechanical now. I do weights 5-days a week. I don't work out on weekends. I have stopped the crazy low carb diet. Now I eat everything, but work out like a maniac. Mrs. loves cooking and I love eating, but burning it all off is the real fun!
                I'm either at work, in gym, working in the garden, or in my beautiful wife's arms!

Comment

• SID_NY
                  SID_NY commented
                  Editing a comment
                  wow, you got a great routine mA. Include bike riding and you'll be a tri-athlete.

I prefer playing sports to working out.

Squash, tennis, badminton. But nothing drains the sweat out of you like going for a few laps around a track on a hot summers day though. By the end of it, you're drenched in your own sweat and occasional excrement.

I feel jealous of F1 drivers though, as they tend to loose about 4% of their body weight during a single two & a half hour race. This does not include pre-race quali & free practice.
                "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

• SID_NY
                  SID_NY commented
                  Editing a comment
                  i was the same too, mainly playing sports. But during pandemic i came to understand that cardio exercises are like kinda must for everyone to be in good shape

• a7mado
                  a7mado commented
                  Editing a comment
                  SID_NY I just can't find the motivation to workout, I find it to be boring and monotonous, lol. That's why, even during the 3 week full lockdown we had over here last year, I got my wife to play squash with me, 2 hours a day, for 3 weeks, since we have a decent squash court in the common gym, in our apartment building.

But yeah... lunges, plunges.

• SID_NY
                  SID_NY commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Its true that workout seems to be boring but we all have to push ourselves to get into routine. Once we get into a routine its all good.
                  Btw i've played racquetball a lot which is american version of squash. Amazing sports!

Lets share some videos, links, media etc to motivating ourselves and others.

No gym? No problem. You can do these moves at home to gain strength and reduce your risk of injury as you fall in love with running.

Comment

Hello everyone, kindly suggest me any exercise for belly fat reduction.
                  Thank you in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by Beauty Secrets View Post
                    Hello everyone, kindly suggest me any exercise for belly fat reduction.
                    Thank you in advance!
                    Aah one thing we all look for.

IMO, two things. Situps + Plank. Atleast two sets of 15 each. The more the merrier

Comment

Working...
                    X