• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope it gets better for you PunjaBee
    Attitude is more important than facts.
    "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

I will not be participating in the sugar cut challenge until I first finish the entire pack of the strawberry shortcake ice cream bar.
      "Brevity is the soul of wit." Hamlet, William Shakespeare.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmere View Post
        I will not be participating in the sugar cut challenge until I first finish the entire pack of the strawberry shortcake ice cream bar.

I'm living on Sugar(Junk) these days
        Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

and that my friend is always the biggest problem. Seriously! We usually have a lot of visitors who want to see my mom (she's the eldest in fam), so a lot of them always bring something. Even now while i'm typing there is a piece of tres-leche sitting right by me

I can control well when there is nothing sweet available but thats so unlikely to happen most of the times

Comment

Totally understandable. Your house is heaven for someone like me. Every now and then I discipline myself by not cooking/buying desserts, but when cravings hit me I'll binge eat my kid's jellies/treats/crackers.
            Honestly my meals are incomplete without roti so I use buckwheat ataa and it helps me stay full longer. Always stay within low glycemic index.

I'll be starting this tomorrow. @LP I've been living on snacks too lately and I'm so afraid to check my weight. My shirts are getting tighter and that's not not good news.

Comment

Totally understandable. Your house is heaven for someone like me. Every now and then I discipline myself by not cooking/buying desserts, but when cravings hit me I'll binge eat my kid's jellies/treats/crackers.
              Honestly my meals are incomplete without roti so I use buckwheat ataa and it helps me stay full longer. Always stay within low glycemic index.

I'll be starting this tomorrow. @LP I've been living on snacks too lately and I'm so afraid to check my weight. My shirts are getting tighter and that's not not good news.

Cashmere lets start doing Cardio exercises at home. Whatever you can do. Jumping jack, pushups, situps, squats, lunge or anything that you want to start with easily. Lets do it!

Comment

I think I've gained a kg or two too... I'll check soon...I keep asking my sister not to bring snacks and she brings loads everyone in my house is gaining weight

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post

Cashmere lets start doing Cardio exercises at home. Whatever you can do. Jumping jack, pushups, situps, squats, lunge or anything that you want to start with easily. Lets do it!
                  I usually go for intense walk sessions but other than making me feel good, it doesn't help much. Acting upon some extensive exercise research from last year, I just did my first day of hiit workouts this morning. I did most of the exercises you posted but with light weights. I had a few kettlebells sitting in the garage for over a year but never had the time [nor interest] to use them. [I buy loads of crap for it to sit there looking new and pretty but that's a different tangent]. So yeah, let's see how it goes. I hope I stay motivated to carry this through. I have to lose 10 lbs, 5 of which seem to be on my cheeks. I'll post an update and make sure you both do too!

Comment

Originally posted by LP View Post
                    I think I've gained a kg or two too... I'll check soon...I keep asking my sister not to bring snacks and she brings loads everyone in my house is gaining weight
                    Are you into salty or sweet. Salt is just as bad as sugar for weight gain. Always have an orange or something high in potassium if you eat excessive salt. And sugar, well um. Sugar is poison. That's the name of a book, by the way.

Comment

• SID_NY
                      SID_NY commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I recently read about how harmful salt is, just as you said, same as sugar. But man its so hard to give up salt

• LP
                      LP commented
                      Editing a comment
                      How about pink salt?

Are you into salty or sweet. Salt is just as bad as sugar for weight gain. Always have an orange or something high in potassium if you eat excessive salt. And sugar, well um. Sugar is poison. That's the name of a book, by the way.
                    Both

Comment

I am on week 3 of no sugar. Not a single gram of sugar. My carb intake is low too, more like 50g of plant based carbs per day. The first week was TOUGH but it gets better. More energy, better mood and skin. When I say skin, I mean korean-shiny skin. I just wanted to detox from sugar and wasn't expecting weight loss (I lost 5 pounds without effort).

I was taking around 100 g carbs in whole-wheat ataa, buckwheat, chickpeas pasta, oatmeal, bulgur, brown rice or a combination of these things. Add in fresh and dried fruit, honey, coconut/almond butter, and a slice of cheesecake and carbs start adding up real quick. So, if you plan to lose weight focus on counting your carbs not calories. Calories will automatically go low, once you focus on carbs. Load on protein and healthy fats.

Doesn't mean I stopped eyeballing my kid's lindt truffles every now and then, but I've never been prouder of his lack of sharing.

Anyway, I'm glad I gave it a go and plan to do this until the start of Ramadan. Let me know what you two are upto.

Comment

I am on week 3 of no sugar. Not a single gram of sugar. My carb intake is low too, more like 50g of plant based carbs per day. The first week was TOUGH but it gets better. More energy, better mood and skin. When I say skin, I mean korean-shiny skin. I just wanted to detox from sugar and wasn't expecting weight loss (I lost 5 pounds without effort).

I was taking around 100 g carbs in whole-wheat ataa, buckwheat, chickpeas pasta, oatmeal, bulgur, brown rice or a combination of these things. Add in fresh and dried fruit, honey, coconut/almond butter, and a slice of cheesecake and carbs start adding up real quick. So, if you plan to lose weight focus on counting your carbs not calories. Calories will automatically go low, once you focus on carbs. Load on protein and healthy fats.

Doesn't mean I stopped eyeballing my kid's lindt truffles every now and then, but I've never been prouder of his lack of sharing.

Anyway, I'm glad I gave it a go and plan to do this until the start of Ramadan. Let me know what you two are upto.

wow thats awesome!

I'm actually in reverse gear back to eating so much meetha. Specially weekends are the killers. Just yesterday i ate so much sweet. :frosty:

Need some thrashing to get back to minimum sugar

Comment

Working...
                        X