GS sugar-cut challenge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS sugar-cut challenge!

The added-sugar to begin with. Or skipping the sweets may be?

Not that this is anyway intimidating rather more of a invite to everyone to lets start working on our health together.

Basically, the idea came from the original thread :
    https://gupshup.org/forum/lifestyle/...this-new-study

I think we all know that more sugar is extremely unhealthy and NOW is the time to take some actions rather than just talking.

And trust me its not a easy process as I for one have a sweet tooth myself. Just cant hold myself back but may be if we all do it together we'll acomplish something? Atleast one health goal will be achieved

So, to make it easy for everyone lets divide it into three categories:

A) Cut added sugar in half. i.e. whatever you are taking now, start taking it in half.

B) Take sugar in coffee/tea etc but NO mithai (or dessert per se)

C) Go cold-turkey. i.e. No added sugar at all. No processed food that contains sugar like even lemon cake, muffin etc.

Pick one. And lets do it together.
    Attitude is more important than facts.
    "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

I shall join after I've consumed the junk food I already have
      Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

i will win, i dont use sugar at all
        I'm either at work, in gym, working in the garden, or in my beautiful wife's arms!

Comment

• SID_NY
          SID_NY commented
          Editing a comment
          Really? No sugar at all? Ok you can be the challenge mod then

Originally posted by LP View Post
        I shall join after I've consumed the junk food I already have
        ok lets hear what junk food you got. I'll tell you which one to throw away. Pick a category which you'll act on

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
          Really? No sugar at all? Ok you can be the challenge mod then
          i cut it out totally before getting married, that was the only way to develop and maintain a six-pack. I also dont eat rice or bread anymore.

take notice Southie
          I'm either at work, in gym, working in the garden, or in my beautiful wife's arms!

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post

ok lets hear what junk food you got. I'll tell you which one to throw away. Pick a category which you'll act on
            I don't take coffee/tea so no sugar there. I have desserts once in a while. I have some wafers, chips and chocolate milk

Comment

Originally posted by navzzz View Post
              only way to develop and maintain a six-pack. I also dont eat rice or bread anymore.

take notice Southie
              Do you take your daily carbs from veggies then ?
              I take enough carbs on a daily basis but I lack in my protein intake.
              I'm working on increasing my muscle percentage but it hasn't increased yet

Comment

yes I take the carbs from other plant sources, but not rice or wheat.

Comment

weight training is the best exercise a girl can take, contrary to popular belief, weight training has a leaning thinning effect on women's physique with overall increase in strength, tone and endurance, superior to cardio, Pilates, yoga and other girly stuff

Comment

weight training is the best exercise a girl can take, contrary to popular belief, weight training has a leaning thinning effect on women's physique with overall increase in strength, tone and endurance, superior to cardio, Pilates, yoga and other girly stuff
                    I do weight training and yoga mostly but my muscle percentage is stuck at 22.2% I figured its due to my insufficient protein intake so I have decided to seriously work on that. Yesterday was day 2 of having enough protein.

Comment

yes I take the carbs from other plant sources, but not rice or wheat.
                      I don't want to give up on rice or wheat

Comment

I don't want to give up on rice or wheat
                        lol tell me about it, being a desi it was probably the most difficult thing i did, but you dont have to develop a six-pack so its ok girl

Comment

lol tell me about it, being a desi it was probably the most difficult thing i did, but you dont have to develop a six-pack so its ok girl
                          Why do we need to cut out rice and wheat for a six pack? Isn't it a combo of low fat% and high muscle% ?

Comment

Why do we need to cut out rice and wheat for a six pack? Isn't it a combo of low fat% and high muscle% ?
                            well for me only that works! there may or may not be a scientific explanation, basically your body fat proportion should be very low, to have virtually no fat under the skin over rectus abdominis muscle. a significant proportion of calorie from wheat and rice (naturally refined carbs) gets converted into fat

Comment

Working...
                            X