"Tax free gold for overseas visitors"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Tax free gold for overseas visitors"

Yesterday I was walking through southall and noticed that on many of the jewellery shops had the following sign, "tax free gold for overseas visitors". Does this mean for people who are visiting the uk from overseas or those from the uk visiting overseas?
    Has anyone used these options before?
    Thanks in advance

Re: "Tax free gold for overseas visitors"

I believe that it refers to the VAT Refund that all visitors to the UK can apply for when they are returning to their respective countries.

You purchase the gold, pay the VAT and then submit the receipts with a claims form at the airport on your trip back to your own country. The value of the tax (i.e. VAT) is refunded to you.

This can be done for any purchases that you make of items that you then are taking out of the country with you.

Comment

What Muzna said. Only disadvanatage of this is that the jewellers are less likely to barter with you as the transaction will have to go through the books

Comment

Normally TAX free shopping is for any person visiting UK from outside of EU countries! you have to que up at leaving airport to get refund of VAT paid.

Having said that, GOLD is tax/VAT free for anyone if you buy as an investment ie gold coins and bars in UK
        پاکستان پاکستان

Comment

Working...
        X