X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ring for dupattas

Asalam-u-alaikum

hi peeps, how u doi'n?

A annoying little bird have whisperd in my wifes ear that there is a new ring u can use with dupatta. I dont know what they look like or what the purpose of it is, but she has naging about it for a long time now. Where can I buy it in Karachi.

Damn these stupid dramas.

a helping answer will be rewarded with gathia mix
    Last edited by khatarnak; Mar 7, 2006, 12:57 PM.

Re: Ring for dupattas

A ring for what?

Or am the only one who's confused?

Comment

Originally posted by Brit Chick
      A ring for what?

Or am the only one who's confused?
      well u c bright chick: Dupatta is a long scarf that is essential to many Indian and Pakistani women's suits. Some "dupatta suits" include the salwar kameez, the trouser suit, and the kurta. In current fashions, the dupatta is frequently draped over one shoulder, and even over just the arms.

my miss wife said: i have seen this woman on a stupid drama wearing this stupid dupatta in such fashion style mention above with a ring in it.
      I think the idea behind this so called "dupatta-ring" is to tread the dupatta trough the ring and wear the dupatta over the shoulder with the ring hanging over the chest. Then dupatta will hang perfectly, not sliding backwards nor frontwards. And at the end its kinda necklase without beeing actually a necklase.

u hope i have made my self clear. any one else?

gathia mix offer still stands...........
      Last edited by khatarnak; Mar 7, 2006, 02:18 PM.

Comment

i think this is what ur wife is talking about....

I dont think its only found in pakistan..i got one here too (toronto)..actually i sort of made it into one...i had one for those cloth belts that are in these with jeans...its heart-shaped...i just use that for my dupatta....

hope this helps....and its not really in fashion...this pic of mahima is a few years old...
        "Seek Allah's help with patient perseverance and prayer. It is indeed hard except for those who are humble." (2:45)

Comment

Yes its also called a dupatta holder- some one got it for me from bombay a couple of years ago.
          Zara phir say kehna-

Comment

Great.
            I'll register the company.....who wants to join and make millions selling dupatta holders?

Comment

well this holder thingy is old news in karachi, my sis was maked fun off when she asked the nearest "accessories" shop in karachi. They said: Baji aik kardah khareed ke dupattay mein latka lain......funny asses.
              Any whoooom, for now she is over this odd fashion so ill let it be.
              thanks so much for all the answer. Every one won a bag of ghatia mix from brazil.

miss Looz-na gets noth'in!!!

Comment

Never seen them before in my life until this thread. I don't like them though

Comment

Working...
                X