Shaadi Venues in Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shaadi Venues in Toronto

Anyone know of any good places for a desi shaadi? My cousin's getting married and we need help! No Payal or Candles please....

Thanks for your help!
    Watch what you eat tonight....it might burn your ass tomorrow!

Re: Shaadi Venues in Toronto

Dr_Khoobsurat

It depend how much are you guys are willing to spend and were you want the location are you willing to go far just for location or do you want something close by. If you answer these major question than i will provide you with some really beautiful Venues in Toronto, Mississauga and Brampton area.

Sobia
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth.

Comment

At this point, money is not a big issue.....if they like the hall...maybe they'll get it... anywhere in Toronto...Brampton...Mississauga....Oakville.....M arkham....is fine...

Thanks~
      Watch what you eat tonight....it might burn your ass tomorrow!

Comment

well if you're hoping to get something for the summer time - you might be outta luck with all the good places cause they're usually booked like years ahead of time. it's insane really. especially fridays, saturdays and sundays.

hmm..you could try the following places

taj banquet
        red rose convention centre
        sagam banquet hall
        woodbine banquet hall

http://www.desiconnection.ca/2005/da...=Banquet+Halls

Comment

If money is not an object then I would recommend the Royal York in downtown Toronto. It's absolutely gorgeous!

If there is a budget then Woodbine is a reasonably good hall with great food. You should be able to book it for about $28 - $35 per head with a great menu. If you dress it up with skirts & bows for the chairs and a proper stage with decorations and lighting then the place can actually look quite nice.

Same goes for Bombay Palace's large hall in Brampton. I can't say the food is as good as Woodbine's though.

Comment

woodbine's food is okay....our guests ended up with food poisoning after my brother's wedding....
            "Seek Allah's help with patient perseverance and prayer. It is indeed hard except for those who are humble." (2:45)

Comment

i agree with mfs555 woodbine food isnt so great...
              ~*~*~Hum Kisi Ka Bhi Dil Torr De
              Kisko Aadhe Raste Mein Chorr De
              To Usko Bhi Duniya Kehti Hai Ada~*~*~

Comment

Bombay Palace's food is amazing! I had my wedding reception there and everyone loved the food. Another place to try is Crystal Fountain in Markham, and Le Jardin in Woodbridge.
                22.1 . O mankind! Fear your Lord . Lo! the earthquake of the Hour ( of Doom ) is a tremendous thing .

Comment

woobine i like....had my sisters wedding with custom catering..it was great event! umm for mine wedding i think i am gona go near oakville, some italian club with custom pakistani caterin....right on lakeshore..gona have the wedding outside in the summer
                  Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm. Courage is the ladder on which all the other virtues mount.

Comment

Originally posted by Hinna
                    Bombay Palace's food is amazing! I had my wedding reception there and everyone loved the food. Another place to try is Crystal Fountain in Markham, and Le Jardin in Woodbridge.
                    Le Jardin is a 5 min walk from my house...my brother wanted to have his wedding there (to have a horse and carriage for the barat from home to the hall..)..but they were doing construction outside at the time..they changed the p lace..the outside looks really nice...but i have never seen the inside...

dont go to sagan in mississauga..they suck! La Suhaag in brampton is nice...
                    "Seek Allah's help with patient perseverance and prayer. It is indeed hard except for those who are humble." (2:45)

Comment

Hi all,

Has anybody attended any wedding in " Sagan banquet hall in mississauga". if so hows their food?? also the website is http://www.sagan.ca/

Comment

Sagan? Suhaag? Woodbine? To be brutally honest you're being suggested industrial plazas. They're not wedding halls. They're cafeterias.

South Asians do a horrible job at managing convention halls. Speaking from experience the only weddings that have been memorable have been at Italian halls or Golf Courses.
                        • If budget is a concern, go Italian and stick to Woodbridge: La Primavera. Le Jardin Awesome staff but food might be a problem.
                        • I'd say do a Golf Course wedding. Most of the big ones will even cater up a Halal menu in-house: Angus Glen in Markham comes to mind.

In the end, if money is no object find yourself a nice Golf Course and see if they cater the type of food you want. The scenery beats any downtown hotel. I've witnessed several weddings at Angus Glen and they've done an amazing job.
                        Last edited by HSK; May 7, 2007, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Aman110: I recently attended a friend's wedding @ Sagan...hall is nice n big, with projector screens all around (unlike other halls where they just have 1 screen mostly)...PA system was nice too...the halls decoration was done by the person the hall owners recommended, and that was good as well...the food was decent...it was a lil cold by the time it was served, but then again, the wedding was extremely late...

Comment

Our wedding was at Sangam...it was pretty nice, no complaints from here....
                            The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

Working...
                            X