Halls/Caterers in New York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halls/Caterers in New York

I need recommendations for banquet halls in the Long Island area...so far, i've heard good things about Long Island and that's about it...if there r any nice places in Queens that wud work also.

I need two...not with huge capacities or anything just normal, and restaurant halls r fine as long as they r decent...we r looking into hotels also, but the problem we're coming across is availabilty.

New York is bigger than i thought, in fact, we're coming to realise how large just the Long Island area is! So any help/advice/recommendations r appreciated. Also looking for Pakistani/Indian catering services from good restaurants.
    "One must be courageous enough to show displeasure in the presence of someone, and not in their absence."

Re: Halls/Caterers in New York

Okay, I don't know the numbers of these places but I'm sure you can look them up online. Plus I don't know how expensive these places are but here's a few on the top of my head

Long Island Area:
    Akbars (Westbury area, near Roosevelt Field Mall)
    Antun's (Hicksville, NY on old country road) - I've to personally vouch for the place because we had an Iftaar gathering with them. The food was awesome, everyone loved it.
    The Sterling (Hicksville, on Route 107)
    Huntington Townhouse (Huntington, on Jericho Tpke)
    Ali Baba's (Hicksville, on Broadway Route 106/107) - this is an afghan place. Recent grand opening of this branch, not sure if they do parties but catering is available. Great food, especially the chapli kabab, it was so perfect.
    Kabab King Palace - they are somewhere on Nassau Blvd, they recently changed the name, don't know what the new name is sorry
    Sitaar (Huntington, on Jericho Tpke)
    Dhaba Cotillian Grill (Jericho, on Jericho Tpke)

Okay thats about what i can recall on the top of my head, the first five I've frequented, the rest I've been to once or twice. You can call them up and ask about rates etc. More upscale places gora place is Leonards. There's also Westbury Manor, not sure about their prices.

Queens:
    World's Fair Marina Restaurant - been here about 4 times, has a waterview. Its near Shea stadium
    Antun's (original branch)
    Ali Baba (original branch)
    and thats all i can remember about queens but I'm sure there are tons of other places.
    Save Pakistan.

Comment

kabab king has good catering service...their food is really good...its not the same in their shops now though but when they cater, its good.

Comment

Sehar, thanks very much! I was looking online for some of those u listed, but with the street names u gave it became much easier. Really appreciate ur detailed post We were already looking into Huntington, and so far i think we're going with that for Barat, all that's left is Mehndi now...we had phoned Akbar's and The Sterling but both r booked...also the one u listed in Queens (Marina) is booked also My fiance says Sitar is no good and Antun's is too played out...he's already looking into Cotillion for Walima...so really just looking for one for Mehndi now...how is 5 Star Restaurant? I've heard it's really nice inside, but some ppl r saying that since the area isn't that nice the parking is a big problem etc....well thanks again.

Sheraz CT, thanks for ur recommendation I'll keep Kabab King in mind if we need an outside caterer.

Anyone know if it's better to have a private decorater for the hall, or will they do it for u? If so, any good Pakistani ones?
        "One must be courageous enough to show displeasure in the presence of someone, and not in their absence."

Comment

5 Star Restaurant - I believe this is on Queens Blvd in queens? I've also heard it's nice but again it's in queens so the parking will be a problem, Queens Blvd is horrendous for parking. You should have some people u know in NY to check it out, I'm assuming thats why you are guys are getting married here.

There's one in Jackson Heights, called the 'Ambassador'. But again, parking will be a major problem. Plus I don't think the people capacity is enough, not sure though.

Antun's is played out. Frankly, I'm tired of the place because I've been there so many times. However, they have a really nice hall upstairs for Mehndi occasion, it'd be perfect for an all ladies event if ur thinking along those lines. Parking won't be a problem.
          Save Pakistan.

Comment

Okay, another one:

Shere Punjab Palace
            80 E Barclay St
            Hicksville, NY 11801
            516-827-0077

I know someone who had their Mehndi here. I've never been to it, but again have someone check it out for you. :-)

p.s. Good luck and bohat bohat mubarak ho. When are you getting married?
            Save Pakistan.

Comment

The 5 Star Restaurant we're talking with is on 43rd Avenue in Long Island City, but yea someone is going there tomorrow to talk to them.

Well, now my mum is saying it's ok we'll do the Mehndi only at Antun's even if it's too common cos it's just Mehndi and at least parking won't be a problem...so 5 Star is becoming our last option rite now.

Jackson Heights is out heheh!

Shere Punjab Palace, i just phoned them but that no. isn't in service...i did a search and came up with one in Flushing...but he says no to anything in Flushing also.

Anyway thank u so much, u've been a great help we're getting married this August Inshallah

Comment

Is it possible to get catering from one restaurant if the place we choose is not halal?
                Omg hey kashmiri did u get married yet???
                The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

HELLO
                  WHERE DID U GO FOR YOUR MAKE UP? AND HOW WAS THAT ,,
                  CAN U GIVE ME INFOAMATION IF NOR RAHEELA'S..PLZ

Comment

Sehar, is the original Ali baba in fresh meadows, queens?? i found their address and a nice review but not sure if its the same one ..

Any more places taht you guys know of!! It'd be a big help! !!
                    Last edited by Sara516; Aug 31, 2006, 08:48 PM.
                    The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

Working...
                    X