Cost of Laser Eye Surgery in Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost of Laser Eye Surgery in Toronto

What's the approximate (or exact) cost of laser eye surgery in Toronto for both eyes?

Re: Cost of Laser Eye Surgery in Toronto

I did some research last year and its basically anywhere between $600 per eye (the lowest possible) to about $2500 per eye.

The median price range is somewhere around $1000 per eye for an institute that's trustworthy. THat's the benchmark I have in mind for next year when I'm gonna go for it.

I've made up my mind to go for it a couple of times now but first was advised against it before turning 25 - and then just that you need 15 - 20 strain-free days for your eyes to get used to it and I never got the 15-20 days in the last two years.
    For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

Umar, whoa! $1,000 per eye sounds quite expensive. In any case, $2,000 can be saved up in about a year or two's time depending on one's financial situation.

What are some of the trustworthy institutes that you have in mind?

Also, is 23 considered a young age for this type of surgery?

Comment

Sadiyah,

I'm prolly gonna go to the Yonge/Eglinton Lasik Center. My cousin got it done from there four years ago, and it's been successful overall.

Here's the website: http://www.yongeeglintonlaser.com

A cheaper alternative is LasikMD Center in downtown Toronto. I went for a visit there, and their facilities looked alright. http://www.lasikmd.ca/toronto_downtown_home.html

My family doctor advised against getting it done when I was 23 saying that there's still development and chances of improvement in one's vision until about 25. Dunno how true that it though.
        For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

Umar, thanks for the info and the links.

I'll be sure to pass it on to the individual who requested it and will also advise the individual to consult the family eye doctor first, insha'Allah.

In fact, I've seen (from outside) LasikMD in Toronto East many times.

Comment

U got any info in US? Around the Big Apple (NY) area?
            An Android a day keeps the Apple away!

Comment

Dubai is cheaper Tofi Bhai, & the doctor is good too. He is a Pakistani & has done a lot of these surgeries in various countries. His name is Dr Niaz A Khan
              I raced @200kph, crashed & survived. If you havent seen God, your not driving fast enough.

Comment

Working...
              X