Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mania1
    replied
    It's very good to see amazing keep it up dear..

Leave a comment:

• mahool
    commented on 's reply
    Join your local startup groups. You can find on facebook. They have resources for new entrepreneur like cheap business office spaces, business phone number, address. Your Database consultancy will need business address that will help you grow. Though you can work from home but it is good for image building.

• Obama
    replied
    Originally posted by mahool View Post
    If you have resource for every product, you need to look at upwork or fiverr. Start with small project, build your portfolio.
    Your linkedin profile should at least 10 expert of your niche. Then request one of them to accept you as mentee.
    Build your Facebook page, engage with like minded people. Share industry related news or your thoughts.
    Thanks mahool for your insight, that makes sense!

Leave a comment:

• mahool
    commented on 's reply
    If you have resource for every product, you need to look at upwork or fiverr. Start with small project, build your portfolio.
    Your linkedin profile should at least 10 expert of your niche. Then request one of them to accept you as mentee.
    Build your Facebook page, engage with like minded people. Share industry related news or your thoughts.

• Obama
    replied
    Originally posted by booompatakha View Post
    Where do I invest in your company?
    I appreciate your enthusiasm! in a few months time we will have scoped out what resources are needed Insha Allah!

Leave a comment:

• Obama
    replied
    Originally posted by mahool View Post
    SalesForce is CRM. Can you please explain more? What kind of Database? SQL Server, MySQL/MariaDb, Oracle?
    Oracle and or what the Clients needs are!

Leave a comment:

• SindSagar
    commented on 's reply

• booompatakha
    replied
    Where do I invest in your company?

Leave a comment:

• mahool
    replied
    SalesForce is CRM. Can you please explain more? What kind of Database? SQL Server, MySQL/MariaDb, Oracle?

Leave a comment:

• Obama
    replied
    Originally posted by Doppleganger View Post
    Do you have a CS background yourself?
    No my experience is in Aerospace Engrg, where we are exposed to and use Access on some projects!

Leave a comment:

• Doppleganger
    commented on 's reply
    Do you have a CS background yourself?

• Doppleganger
    replied
    Originally posted by us1415 View Post

I agree but the companies that go for big names are big companies not startups. They try to stick with open source until they make it big and then converting to a big name database with support makes sense. I have been at big companies where we used all open source products since there is a lot of help and support online from the community that helps building the solution. Plus going from a RDBMS to another RDBMS isnt that big of an issue when the time is right.
    I can see it as a viable approach but personally, I think that it is a waste of time and $$$ to pay the software support team or hire people to do the transfer later. Many times, it is also a PITA as different databases have different capabilities and then you also have to retrain everyone. For example, I find SAP to be very intuitive but I know people who are scared **** of it.

Leave a comment:

• Obama
    replied
    Originally posted by us1415 View Post
    Nice. Hope it works out for you. If you ever need someone else from Texas to lend a hand with database, I am here
    OK! Very good to know Masha Allah!

Leave a comment:

• us1415
    commented on 's reply
    Nice. Hope it works out for you. If you ever need someone else from Texas to lend a hand with database, I am here

• us1415
    replied
    Originally posted by Doppleganger View Post
    There is a reason that people go with big well-reputed companies and that is because of the after market support. No one wants a system that goes down making you lose critical time and $$$$ due to substandard or no support.

I have seen companies go the cheap route and it ain't pretty when **** hits the fan.
    I agree but the companies that go for big names are big companies not startups. They try to stick with open source until they make it big and then converting to a big name database with support makes sense. I have been at big companies where we used all open source products since there is a lot of help and support online from the community that helps building the solution. Plus going from a RDBMS to another RDBMS isnt that big of an issue when the time is right.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X