Home Theatre System-Showoff Alert!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Theatre System-Showoff Alert!

Aha.....I just wanted to be a show-off and thought of posting my home-cinema system. It's a value deal at the end of the day though.

TV is a philips 29" 50 Hz thing. Instead of the hyped 100 Hz/PixelView version, i thought i would let my other sense (hearing) have a treat. As it is, a 100 Hz tv begins to show its true colors (both literally and figuratively) after 43" so at 29" it basically does not mean much (ok, i am downplaying it ).

Here it is:

[thumb=E]tvset-uk7800_2134438.JPG[/thumb]
    The TV and the Sound System

The home theatre system is something that i am boastful of It's a JBL ESC-360 Home Cinema System. A 5.1 thing that boasts some sound! It's not awfully loud (in my small room, i can crank up the volume all the way to 100%) but it SURE can rock the room at that level, without the NOISE forcing you to lower the volume down. I am presenting below the woofer and the satellite.

[thumb=E]satellite-uk7800_2134438.JPG[/thumb]
    The satellite-it does look like a cheap thing in this pic but believe me it doesn't look that way in real

[thumb=E]woofer-uk7800_2134438.JPG[/thumb]
    The Woofer-Packs a punch!

Prices:
    TV=Rs. 37,000 (with trolley and all)
    Sound System=Rs. 21,000 (retails for Euro 370)

Some information on the system is available on the following page:
    JBL ESC 360 at Amazon Holland

I have a generic Sony DVD Player-the tested thing which just runs superbly.

Ok, enough of showing-off, but in summary, its a good value system aur movie dekhne main maza aata hai. Aae hae! retty:

Please suggest what other value systems can you recommend or alternations to this one that can provide significant enhancements.
    Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

lol this is so cute and i thought u had bought something more worth 10K pounds like my cousin, his sub alone was 21 inch

*pinches cheeks*

Comment

Re: Home Theatre System-Showoff Alert!

Originally posted by Khanzada:
      [thumb=E]woofer-uk7800_2134438.JPG[/thumb]
      The Woofer-Packs a punch!
      LOL, and ur watching pirated movies!
      An Android a day keeps the Apple away!

Comment

Originally posted by waleed:
        lol this is so cute and i thought u had bought something more worth 10K pounds like my cousin, his sub alone was 21 inch

*pinches cheeks*
        He's in pakistan .. so by that standard this is a pretty good system..
        If there's a better use for the Internet, I haven't found it -- Homer Simpson

Comment

waleed: aap bohate kharaab aadmi hain. Yeh nahin ke bachay ka dil he rakh lete kharab insaan

TofiBaba: 2 in 1 hai yar....

BabaG: Aap bohate naik aadmi hain. Thank you retty:

Comment

Madhanee: i tried stuffing it up with mailay kapray but it choked next time i will try with saaf kapray Thanks partner

Comment

wah ji wah

Very good mouj karo our apney hamsaye ko tang karo
              Bazinggaaaa ....

Comment

wow. i don't know much about home theatre systems, but this looks really nice from the pictures Masha'Allah

i have nothing like that... just a regular old humble tv.

*in Khanzada style* Bahaut fit nahin hai, pardner? hehe just joshin with ya.

Nice thread with nice pictures

Comment

^aap bohate naik hain. meri honsla afzaai ka shukriya

Comment

Re: Home Theatre System-Showoff Alert!

Originally posted by Khanzada:

TV is a philips 29" 50 Hz thing.

[thumb=E]tvset-uk7800_2134438.JPG[/thumb]
                    The TV and the Sound System
                    Dad gifted me this same thingie on my bday..i remember telling u about my big bday gift :d hai na

Although..Its volume is pretty low compared to the other Philips tv's

Comment

^right about the volume yar...isi liay to sound system lena para

aeppy tu tu to you. delayed

Comment

and congrats

p.s. whats with guys and gadgets

Comment

^^ girls will never understand

Comment

Good start khan sahab, the jbl's are definately quality products.The next thing u should do is invest in a digital audio reciever and maybe add 2 extra satellite speakers for a complete 360 degree 7.1 setup .BTW the signal feed going to ur tv, is it RF or cable?Seems like it can be improved if u could use compnenet video on it.Any way decent setup..congrats.

irem: whats with girls being jealous of guys understanding complicated gadgets

Comment

thank you irem. jee the thing with gadgets is that we like them aur aap ko to pata bhi hai ke main technology main bohate 'in' hoon...jaise ke mera show off pda (khareed lia hai. jab dost aaye ga vilayat se to sab ko show maar maar kar dikhaaon ga. haan )

kakay: wow..sounds like fun yar. but what exactly is a digital audio receiver (am not too clear on this)...thanks for the words of encouragement.

Comment

Working...
                              X