You know its annoying when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know its annoying when...

You have an hour or so worth of driving to your destination, you flip through one radio station after another hoping that they will play a decent song. But no!! No good songs.

And you know when they play a good song?? Exactly when you're pulling into you're destination's driveway!!

Now, go figure!!

Dear Ghalib,

That's exactly why God invented CD Player.

Comment

Nahi jigaar...

There comes a time when you get sick and tired of listening to your CD's/tapes....you want variety...thats when the radio comes on!

Comment

Dear Ghalib,

I love (LOVE) Jazz. I can never get tired of listening to cool Jazz... I mean cool... Jazz (both, contemp and classic). A week ago it was Duke Ellington's 100th birthday, and there were many concerts in NYC in his honor that I missed as I was away. I love "Take the A Train"… "y'll find it the quickest way to get to Harlem,,,, if you, you Take the A Train,…. U-dabba dea dabba do do aab, don't be mad at me…. Ari daba deea daaba deea dabba ….." Any musicians in Guppshupp??? I am an immature sax player (alto).

Comment

Worse is when you are driving long distance and just flip to some channel and something interesting is happening, later you just ignore whats going on and are busy driving, all of a sudden something seems strange and you realize that you have been listening to some hillbilly station for the last 20 minutes.

Even worse is when you are driving through some backwater part of a state and all they have on radio is country music.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Fradia:

So you've been to Indy! Great!

Comment

Mr. Fraudia

Heheheeheh...and they have enough hill billy stations where we both live!!!!

Ghalib exactly...what about when you go on a trip and you leave all your favorite cd/tapes at home? You end up listening to the one tape over and over and over....

Comment

kg..
                worse still when you get stuck in a traffic jam for three and a half hours with only one tape.. someone else's cousin's first attempt at recording his own brand of punjabi music meets punk rock .. which he paid to have recorded - and the radio dead.

aaaargh... i still can't bear to remember!

(and people wonder why i rarely listen to punjabi music these days)

Comment

Actually, I am lucky on that, hardly ever happened to me - Mostly I listen to the tapes or CDs and somehow every morning when I am 5 minutes away from my work, my favorite song comes on. And so by the time I park my car, I finish listening to the song as well!

Comment

Hmmmm..lets see...

Well no matter what, odds are that your type of songs won;t get played when you most want them.

Just would like to note that everytime Led Zeppelin's "Kashmir" comes on, I always pull over and listen until the end. Reason?! Well, I feel too numb to drive!

Comment

For that song Ghalib, I don't blame you

Comment

Yeah. Same happens here. As Ghalib suggested that one can get bored with the same stuff.

I usually turn the god forsaken thing off, push the accelerator harder and listen to the auto-transmission shift between gears. Far more interesting!

Comment

Oh wow, so u all seem to have cars, well listen here , me no have no car, me go to college by bus, so tell me what am i supposed to do, listen to radio in the bus, heck i'll be dozing off in secs. I guess this is totally out of the topic since the discussion was bout listening good radio songs in a CAR. Well let me ask u when u didn't used to have a car, what did u do, listen to music even then? or just go on without any cd player or walkman? (yeah u heard me walkman! heh heh hmmm.. what's that)
                          "If I'm not back in five minutes, keep waiting." - Freakazoid

Comment

Working...
                          X