• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help From Computer Experts

I get a message that my beta directdraw is
    expired and that i have to update.
    How do I fix this?

T.T.F.N

One way of doing it is that whenever you want to run DirectDraw program, change you system date (usually found by double clicking on the time in the bottom right cornder in windows 95 etc.) Change it to some date closer to when you installed DirectDate. For example, if you installed the program on May 1st, 1999 and you have a 30 day trial period, change you system date to any thing between May 1st and June 1st. Let me know if this won't do it.

Comment

Are you sure it's 'directdraw' ? That's quite strange. Directdraw is not an application, but part of the DirectX suite, which in turn is part of the operating system (win95/98/NT).

DirectX is actually an API (uh.. set of tools) which graphic applications, games, internet applications etc. require. DirectX includes, DirectDraw, Direct3D, DirectSound, DirectMusic, DirectPlay and DirectInput. Microsoft keeps updating DirectX on a regular basis. Maybe Dilwale's machine had a beta of DirectX installed which recently expired. The current version is DirectX 6.1.

You can download it here.. (Select "DirectX 6.1 Runtime and Drivers - English Language Version" from the options you see there)
      http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/d...lt.asp?site=95

Good luck.

[This message has been edited by deepblue (edited May 09, 1999).]

Comment

Roman & Deepblue, Thank you for all your help. I was able to download DirectX 6.1 Runtime and Drivers and now my system is working great.

T.T.F.N

Comment

Working...
        X