Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freedom.....

So what is freedom....
    what did Tolstoy mean when he said, it was a bottomless void.

[This message has been edited by Nova (edited April 27, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by PhulanWakilan (edited May 01, 1999).]

Comment

Freedom Is America.

Stud

Comment

Stud,,and Phulan,
        How is it a bottomless void.

Comment

[This message has been edited by PhulanWakilan (edited May 01, 1999).]

Comment

First, I wanna ask you the same question..define freedom in your terms

Comment

its the title of an 80's album by Wham, a single has the same title and then another single by George Michael by the same title.

dunno bout the dead eastern european dewd tolstoy's thoughts though.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Some thoughts,,
                Freedom means, free of all needs and responsibilities....
                Freedom , means being free of the will to "be"....be free of the need to be free...
                If that is the case, do we really want to be free...can we really exist and be free....If not , than what is it that we keep on talking about..

Comment

Ask the Kosovo Albanians, ask the kashmiris, ask your gradparents, ask the Chechnyans, ask those who don't have it what is it's worth and what does it mean.

Hamid

Comment

[This message has been edited by PhulanWakilan (edited April 29, 1999).]

Comment

Freedom is like Desire: Once you taste it you want more and, like Desire - it is unquenchable and bottomless.

Comment

Hamid
                        iam agree with you. i am from kashmir and i have seen the murders of thousand of my kashmires we are paying high price for freedom
                        .if they can think about kosovo. I think they should think about kashmir. Its about time .

Comment

Yoooo Hooooo! Admin!!

I can see politics trickling in and religion may follow suit into this thread.

This is a thought provoking topic and so PLEASE make sure it doesn't get closed out.

Those who advocate "segregation" can visit forums which hold discussions "strictly" on/within the religious or political spheres.

This is the General forum, yaani "khichrdi"! Anything goes or should go, AS LONG as it comes naturally as part of the Primary Topic and not the other way around where Religion and Politics are the Primary topics.

Thank you for lending me your eyes!!!

[This message has been edited by PhulanWakilan (edited April 30, 1999).]

Comment

Thanks PhulanWakilan for your understanding.

Exactly...a few comments that are religious or political is permissible ...and is expected.....however....don't make it the primary topic.

OH NOva
                            In response to your queston...freedom is bottomless because one can never want less...but maybe we then have a meaningless existance?

[This message has been edited by kashmirigirl (edited May 01, 1999).]

Comment

Working...
                            X