Action and ROmantic WHY????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Action and ROmantic WHY????

Why is it that everyone always stereotypes women to like Romantic Movies (Titanic) and guys to like Action movies (Matrix)!!!!

???????????????????

i personally being a girl would rather watch Matrix three times then to watch titanic even once, i walked out of that too damn boring movie!!!

Why do ppl think
    girls always want to watch "oh i love you" or "you brought me flowers you are o sentitive" movies

and guys always want to watch "give me my money or ill kill you"
    why cant both sexes watch all movies ot\r girl sbe a little interested on action movies

Simply because we can not allow people like you to upset the comfortable balance we live in. We the men are the aggressive macho protectors of you weak and petty women.
    We persue you and you giggle helplessly. Your role is limited to helpless cries for help and things colorful.
    We cut wood you cook food...

Stud

Comment

LOL

Way to go, Stud

Comment

A friend of mine has a observation. She says that her boy kid wanted cars and guns as toys even before he started speaking. But on the other hand I am observing with a romanian friend of mine that his daughter plays with cars as well as dolls. I do not know how much part is cultivated and how much is truly different.

I think it is fair to say that men and women think differently, are different. I am NOT saying that one is better or other. But they are different.

I wonder what is your reflection on what boy kids and girl kids like? Is the preference of boys for cars and girls for dolls natural or cultivated by parents and society?

Comment

stud:

Not to mention the annoying question that arises everytime from watching action movies with the members of opposite gender: " Why he had to shoot the guy for it?"

Comment

Ghalib: you are halirious, man

ZZ - Good point. Actually they did a study on the gender concept of the society to find out if it is natural born thing in girls to play with dolls as compared to boys who play with tanks and soldier toys. They kept two babies, one boy and other a girl apart without any external gender related influence. Then they put assorted/mixed toys in front of both babies (I don't remember the age) to observe what they both reach for. They found out that they male baby picked up dolls to play with as much as tanks, and same result with baby girl. So the conclusion was that it is the society which raises children under a gender seperated upbringing, there are no genetic role involved as far matters like these are concerned.

I have seen quite few women who participate in different activities which typically are viewed as male activities. Of the women I know, they did tell me that they were brought up with a minimal level of gender specific upbringing and they participate in these activities because they simply like them.

Comment

Society doesn’t let guys have a sensitive side, in public. So how can a guy justify enjoying a chick flick?

We are weak, barefoot and you make us pregnant…so we must depend on you to be strong…save us and feed those kids.
              God forbid we think we can do it ourselves…or accept that it is ok to do it ourselves.
              Though i do think it is much more acceptable now a days for women to enjoy action movies.

I used to play with cars and guns…and still enjoy action movies…but then I am buffy.

Comment

okay maybe i was mot so c;ear i was kinda cluttered up back there!!

My initial point was to ask that why does society have limits on things why cant we fart or belch in front of company i mean isnt is something natural happening in your body which you cant control?????
                Why canr you just burp?? why is considered nasty??? Its not like one does it on purpose!!!
                its natura;

Comment

Mr. stud
                  What do you mean u macho men protector of us Petty and weak womwn?????????

[This message has been edited by kashmirigirl (edited April 25, 1999).]

Comment

i,m sorry but i definitely do not agree with your comment on titanic being a boring film, it was a thoroughly enjoyable film and was watched by people of all ages,sexes and generations, i think what you are in fact doing is stereotyping particular films, films - whether action, comedy, romantic should be watched by all. i myself as a female am somewhat confused by your comments, i watch a film based on its storyline and not what type of film it is

Comment

and also to the pathetic male members on this forum "GET A LIFE" you sad individuals, you are boys who obviously feel threatened by women and so have to regard them as play things, do not forget we all have mothers, aunts, sisters......

Comment

Offdachin..let me try to clarify your point.

I think you asking why do stereotypes and social norms exist?

They exist to help bring order to society and give guidance on appropriate behavior.
                        What is the norm is totally dependent on which society you are in and where.

Comment

how do stereo types bring order in the world. How does saying that since u r a male u r violent bring order. It just brings chaos. Mohminha right on about the guys. but what u said earlier is exactly what im trying to say. I did not enjoy it cuz its not what i watch. Everyone else loved the movie, BUT BUT when the movie came out the boys and girls just split up in my psychology class. The boys loved the movie cuz of all the sex scenes and the girls loved it cuz it was everlasing love!! everyone felt that way!!!!
                          Only me and one of my frnd thought it was borin.
                          i asked why is that!!
                          why do guys and gals have different opinions on the same thing? can't some guys and gals haveone opinion and other guys and gals have same opinion!!
                          WHY IS THERE THIS BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DA 2.

Comment

sex scenes, what sex scenes, there were only two scenes of any sexual nature, the first was when he was painting her and we saw some nudity and the second when they were in the car but then again we did not see any thing explicit, there was no explicit material, as for men watching the film specifically to watch the sex scenes i bet they were sorely disappointed, the film itself was not set out as a romantic film as was sleepless in seattle but is supposed to encapsulate the tragedy of the sinking of the titanic. the romance was bought in to give the film some balance as was the comedy elements. So i totally disagree with the film being raunchy or soppy. You must be getting confused with basic instinct and while you were sleeping. its not what type of film it is that matters its the content

Comment

Its so sad really that in this modern age some boys let the side down. We are not all the same and I agree with what MOHMINHA is saying - we all have mothers and in some cases sisters and fiances/wifes.
                              Also what Kashmirigirl is saying is correct - it all depends on society and upbringing and stuff. I think some guys are intimidated by a women's wisdom and position. Its like my friend who hates women Mercedes drivers. How stupid. Why doesnt he just let it be?

Comment

Working...
                              X