Do U believe in Destiny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do U believe in Destiny?

Do u believe that some(all?) things in life r bound to happen, no matter whatever u do? and now that i asked that...let me ask one more stupid question...do u believe in ESP?

------------------
    " All the world is queer save thee and me;
    and even thou, my friend, art a little queer "
    Simple ain't easy.

Yes! I do! So I am not responsible for all the stupid posts I am writing. I was destined to write them.

Comment

I have a firm belief in ESPN.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

If you don't believe in destiny, is it because it is your destiny not to believe in it?

Comment

I dont believe in anything.....
          including destiny...

Comment

Nova what do you mean you don't believe in anything? You do have this unquestionable faith in the scientific method and rationality don't you?

I do believe in destiny but I also believe in free will. But then the question is where is the choice? I think this post is better suited for the religious issues forum.

Dard out

Comment

Destiny?????
              I cant sleep, so I stay up
              don't wanna
              ^&^& them $%&^* try to clam me down
              I ain't given up
              i'm getten lost in tha weed, man
              gettin high
              livin' everday, like i'm gonna die (gonna die, gonna die)
              I smoke a blunt to take tha pain out
              and if I wasn't high
              probably try ta blow my brains out

[This message has been edited by kashmirigirl (edited April 22, 1999).]

Comment

Dard,
                I dont have the capacity , or luxury , to use the word belief , or faith....My mind ( as of course of all others) is only capable of gathering biased information ( Uncertainity principle) , with limited capacity to analyze it , by comparing it with limited memory stores, ( which get rusted , with time anyway )and factor analysis.
                So i try to go by scientific methods ,,,,,,,,, keeping in mind, there limitations......
                If I make any statements that suggest , understanding beyond above, I am crossing my boundaries...
                Belief , as I understand it , means, conclusion without reason..and that I am not capable of..

[This message has been edited by Nova (edited April 24, 1999).]

Comment

Dard,
                  Sorry , didnt comment on the topic at all..
                  Destiny, is a place where we find ourselves , that we never expected....( interesting def. aint it)
                  There is a flow to life, if we sit down with arms folded we will keep on going with the flow, and get some place , maybe a bit different than where we want to be , but nevertheless.
                  Raat din gardish maiN haiN saat aasmaan,
                  Ho rahay ga kuch na kuch ghabraiN kayya.
                  If we assess our strengths and weaknesses right , have a clear idea of circumstances beyond our control , form goals that are achieveable, and put in the effort that needs to be put in, there is a good chance we will achieve them........however ..there is some chance that despite all that,, we wont , that is a mathemetical reality. We can call it destiny , or we can call it probability.
                  If your goal is to graduate in x number of years , chances are that you will, and wont have to use the word destiny at all....If your goal is to fly to Mars,,,, all your explanations would revolve around that theme..only because there are so many uncontrolable circumstances that need to go your way to get you there..and these follow some design, other than your wishes..

Comment

Working...
                  X