Cheap International Calls!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap International Calls!

In order to promote savings in the international calling, i.e. calls to Pakistan, I think we should post what rate we're paying currently and with which carrier. Here's my scenario:

I use GTE as my long distance because they give me 60 minutes free to Pakistan. After that, they charge me 1.14 per minute. To get around this, I use GTE for the first 60 minutes of my calls to Pkaistan, after which, I use Startec, which only charges 0.79 cents. And no switching is required for Startec and there's no monthly fee.

Anybody out there with a better deal, pls. post so we can all reap the rewards.

Iam using ATT which is giving me 84 cents for Pakistan but thats only for weekends. Whats the deal with this Startec, is it a calling card kinda thing??

Comment

With Startec, its 24/7. Plus no switching. you just register your phone number with them and call their 1-800 access number everytime you wanna place a call. five it a try...

Call 1-888-472-8724 and ask them to give you the number for Startec, that you can sign up. I've been using them for about two months and they're not too bad.

Comment

Ghalib Bhai:
        Is this service available in Canada:
        In Canada I use the bell which is $1.17 for Pakistan round the clock. I found the Bayline calling cards quite cheaper than bell, but the problem with calling cards is that you have to finish it at once otherwise you are paying twice as with the bell

Comment

I dunno about Canada...alotta different factors inluence the rates in diff. countries, namely tariffs and line use. You can call the 800 number above to find out if they offer this in Canada.

I also used calling cards but with the connection charge, you're right, you have to use up the whole card otherwise its not econimical. Plus, there are prob. with calling cards where the company just shuts down their card, thus running away with you $$. Startec, by has been the most econimocal I have seen. I wanna know if somebody out there knows of another provider whon is economical and reliable.

Comment

c'mon man...

No one else out there has gotta better deal?

Comment

ghalib

is gte like ATT?? a long distance carrier? and is that 60 mins free thing available every month??

I got one of those dail number flyers.. If you dail "101-6868" before making your call from the US , its 7.9c to canada, USA and the UK 24/7... cheaper then the current ATT rates I am payinng ... no other charges per call or connection charges ( i called to make sure)

Comment

thanks hmcq
                i needed a cheaper rate to canada.

Comment

Dude if you wanna call canada or within 50 contingent states, use US Connect. They charge 6 cents a minute with no fees. Call 1-800-539-2612 to get US Connect's customer service number (I don;t have it handy) and register your home phone number with them. No need to switch long distance carrier, they will give you an access number, but you must register with them first.

[This message has been edited by ghalib (edited April 03, 1999).]

Comment

Dear KK
                    I am paying 81cents/min with AT&Tweekends
                    so check with them

Comment

anyone here use freetel?? I have downloaded it but am not sure i get to use it

Comment

I am using Bell Canada and they are charging $1.17 Canadian, for one minute.

------------------
                        MIRZA YASIR

[email protected]
                        Homepages
                        mirzayasir.paklinks.com
                        pafcollchaklala.paklinks.com
                        Homeopathy Message Board
                        This is a message board which I created. Here you can post your diseases along with your symptoms and get a homeopathic prescription in 2-3 days. Its Free! Its amazing! Try it.
                        http://mirzahomeomain.paklinks.com

Comment

I have used freetel..its a nice software..

Comment

Working...
                          X