Love.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love.....

I have a question....a while back I was told that love or rather Ishq is haram...is this true and if so...how can this be....i always believed that God is love himself....and yet...well i dunno.....also how can a girl in this day and age tell her muslim parents that she is in love with a guy...i suppose this is more asking for advice than actually posting a message.....please reply....

Something that comes natural cannot be Haram. Love is one of the top ones. It is so pathetic that for a guy in our culture telling off to his parents does not bear same consequences as for girls. But I guess, women have to start speaking for themselves as well. There is always a beginning for something, now is the best time as there ever will be.

Comment

LadkiAnjani,
      A couple of things....
      I am no expert on religious affairs...and to the best of my knowledge, there is only one person , in the northern hemisphere who has that kind of wisdom ....no one else but His Holyness...Maulana Islam Siddiqui...(if you want to talk to him ..go to ragistan.com,,,in forums...)
      In my humble opinion , however, none of the human desires are Haram....they have to be channelized though , in a way that it doesnt disrupt the delicate organization of society.....so ishq is certainly not haram , if it follows the basic etiquettes of any interaction..i.e honesty, mutual respect etc...
      Now the second part of your question...how do you tell parents....I think its not just about ishq , its about anything where you may differ from your parents...in our society , individualism is not revered...meaning its hard for parents to accept and actually enjoy the difference of opinion, of there kids...( even adult kids ). I think it varies, within families, and of course i dont know about yours....
      What I can say is, that firstly , you shouldnt feel guilty about it....both being in love , and having to present somethings to parents , which may be a sourse of distress to them....Its your right..and its their job to resolve it for them selves...change is never easy , but has to be made...
      knowing your parents , try to present it in a way that is easier for them to swallow...Dont insinuate any physical relationship...cause that is harder for them to negotiate..( that is how we have been dealing with it for so long..meaning seperating sex from ishq , which we make out to be a spiritual experience... of course its no different..and of course all aspects of romantic interactions are equally respectable...)
      I hope it was of some use to you....take care,,,

Comment

Working...
      X