Moderator, A question?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moderator, A question?????

Where is my thread, "my tripple century"????????????????????????

------------------
    MIRZA YASIR

[email protected]
    Homepages
    mirzayasir.paklinks.com
    pafcollchaklala.paklinks.com
    Homeopathy Message Board
    This is a message board which I created. Here you can post your diseases along with your symptoms and get a homeopathic prescription in 2-3 days. Its Free! Its amazing! Try it.
    http://mirzahomeomain.paklinks.com

The thread was closed because it was not relevant to this forum.

Thanks

Comment

*de-lurking

I sometimes take a look at this forum, but have never posted since I always steer clear of moderated forums.

Anyway, the issue is moderation related, so I guess, I'll write some quick words. You moderators, really need to lighten up a bit. Why was that thread closed ? If someone wants to write about his 300 posts, what's wrong with that ? This is after all, a general forum. And who are you to decide what's relevant or not *besides* the posted guidelines ... or has the meanings of "General" (name of this forum, IIRC) gone this much 'focussed' ?

And KG (or other moderators reading this), be careful with your reply, I get brutal very easily, moderated forum or not !!

Comment

Which forum is relavent to that? Should I post it in Religious section???????????? In past, people started threads like this. For example, ghalib started one. Nobody closed his thread.

------------------
        MIRZA YASIR

[email protected]
        Homepages
        mirzayasir.paklinks.com
        Homeopathy Message Board
        This is a message board which I created. Here you can post your diseases along with your symptoms and get a homeopathic prescription in 2-3 days. Its Free! Its amazing! Try it.

Comment

Mirzayasir

The decision to close and delete the thread was made by Admin.

Could you please remind me of the contents of your thread and what type of discussion was going on?

Lechuck
          welcome to Gupshup.

Comment

The original thread was not about those topics. Somebody else came in and started that discussion. If somebody else starts that discusion, I am not responsible for it.

You should have deleted those individual posts, not the whole thread. This is not fair.

------------------
            MIRZA YASIR

[email protected]
            Homepages
            mirzayasir.paklinks.com
            Homeopathy Message Board

Comment

I agree with yasir dude.

KG, (and other moderators and admins) if you have taken this responsibility of getting forums moderated, at least use your judgement properly. My gripe with all moderated forums is always about the moderators. They stop using their brains or to see things within context (and most of them never even do that at start) There should be some difference between a human being and a script written in C, which btw, can moderate this forum in a faster and more efficient way.

At the very least, have the decency to write reasons for closing, or in this case, *removing* a thread, instead of writing cookie-cutter responses like 'this wasn't relevant'. You could have deleted the offensive posts and then had that thread closed.

Anyway, I guess, I should go back to lurking. I inevitably get into a phaDDa in a moderated forum.

*re-lurking

Comment

oyeeeee~
                kitna baysharam aadmi hai yeh!
                aik to such bolta hai,
                woh bhee khullam khulla!!

>"Should I post it in Religious >section????????????"

na bhai na!!!!
                toba kero toba~
                religious forum main to mera bhai weather reports.......( aqal mand ko ishara kaafi hota hai! )

>"If somebody else starts that discusion, I >am not responsible for it.
                >You should have deleted those individual >posts, not the whole thread. This is not >fair"

aisay aisay vulgar or obscene sentences? aap ko bilkul sharam na ayee? hai? bolo na mere bhai!!
                sharam nahee aati ? aqal aur logic ki baatain kertay ho? woh bhee public kay saamnay? bohot buree baat!

aap ko is baat ka ehsaas hona chahiye, kay aap ki hesiyyat aik sheep ki tarah hai, aur aap ka moderator aap ka shephard hai!
                woh jub chaahay aap ko jitnay chaahay danday lagaye!

..hain?
                kya?
                main nay ghalat kahaa?
                jee nahee!
                bilkul sahee kahaa!

bayshak administrators say pooch lo!

Comment

Mirzayasir

The number of posts in this forum have made it difficult for one moderator to keep track of every thread. Admin has been helping both Umar and me a lot.

If Admin did not feel the discussion in your thread were appropriate and deleted them …..well the thread is gone….permanently.

About the right forum issue…..all threads that could possible go to another forum are asked to move. This helps decrease the load for each moderator, spreading the responsibility. Making my work less…giving me more time to respond to discussions, eat, sleep, play and dance. i can't be online 24/7 and have no wish to be. So you see I’m a bit selfish about this issue.

You can re-post your message. I’ll keep an xtra special eye out for it….ok?
                  One point………Ghalib’s post similar to this was in meeting new people, not General.

Hope this answeres your questions...

Jewels
                  Salams...Hope your health is better.

LEchuck
                  Thanks for your input and see you at the rag.

Comment

Thanks for your coperation!

Appericiate it!

------------------
                    MIRZA YASIR

[email protected]
                    Homepages
                    mirzayasir.paklinks.com
                    Homeopathy Message Board

Comment

KG, I am sorry for being so persistent about this issue, but it's just that I haven't seen a proper response from you to Yasir. In fact I wouldn't have posted anything, if your first reply wasn't so err... let me choose the word carefully... think .. think... ummm... ok, condescending.... oh, and moronic as well

I 'd have understood a reply like, "hey, it wasn't me who removed that thread. I'll talk to admin about it... our apologies, if your post got removed for no reason" but then the truth is, I have never seen a moderator aplogising, in my life. And even if you don't want to aplogise, what's the point of saying things like, 'hey, I can't be 24/7 online'... It's just whining. Don't be a moderator, if you don't have time, but if you are here, then do your task properly.... also there was absolutely no need for suggesting that 'posting about 300th post would have fit well in "Meeting new people" section' .. excuse me ? Why not just admit it that there might be a mistake by you folks ?

> LEchuck
                      > Thanks for your input and see you at the
                      > rag.

sure.. thanks.. heh..

I guess, I'll stay and see where this thread is heading to, until it's closed, removed or I see a response which makes some sense.

Comment

LeChuck Bhai, you are probably day dreaming of getting a proper response from admin/modr,for them it goes like this: " you do what i do and i do what i do"
                        I'd be damned if these people can even come up with a sensible definition of the word "General" besides "the way I like it"

Comment

To moderators and admins
                          It's my last post in this thread and at gap shapp. Since I didn't get any answer to my queries, I believe this moderated forum is run like any other moderated medium. But then it's not surprising.

I leave with few suggestions to moderators..

* Never show attitude. Just because you are moderator, doesn't mean that only you have the intelligence to decide which thing is out of scope and which isn't. It only means that you have the power to act on your whims. If anything, you should be fearful of yourself. Showing attitude (condescending or whatever) just makes your standpoint look moronic, even when you are right.

* Never whine. If you don't have the time to take each thread individually and within its context, then don't be a moderator. It's that simple.

* Don't be a terminator style killing machine. Think a lot before taking out any thread. If you don't have time, then... I have already made my point.

* If you take off a thread for any reason which is unknown to other users (which you know in your capacity as a moderator) then make that info public. And add that in the guidelines, that 'people writing in this forum are not supposed to misuse it .. multiple logins type things.. etc otherwise we have the right to let this known in public'

* Above all, be ready to eat your words. Once again, you are not the brightest person in the forum and even if you were, we all do mistakes. The stature of any person lies in his/her ability to do damage control. Always be ready to say, "We are sorry" and always be ready to condemn your previous actions.

I am sorry for this lecture. But I have been in this game much longer than most of you and over the years have learned things and observed patterns, which you folks 'll come to know in time.

Finally, regardless of what I say, this place is not running that bad .. heh.. I am just a nitpicker.

Thanks for reading this. I won't trouble you again.

Regards

Au revoir

Comment

Tsk Tsk Tsk.....
                            Chala gya bechara http://www.pak.org/gupshup/frown.gif
                            aray kashmiri khatoon, ub to bahar ajaoo, wo chala gya, ub koi khatra nahee hae

Comment

Dear LeChuck,

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your input...especially when it helps us to do a better job and to improve the quality of our forums.

I am sorry that you did not have your questions answered to your satisfaction. I will not deny that there is room for improvement. We continue to strive for it but we are human and not a script, hence prone to mistakes.

I find your suggestions valuable and would like, with your permission, to re-post them in the Moderator's Forum for the entire team.

Just one last thing.....pehlay itna rang dikhanay kay baja'ay aap nay yehi post kyun nahin kar dee? Kaafi shaytaan lagtay hain aap.

Thank you again.
                              Muzna.

p.s. KK...kash did not run and hide. All this time she has been responding to the third degree for an action that I, as Admin, executed. I felt it only fair to ask her to sit this one out and let me reply to LeChuck. Waisay...aap ka role kaafi hud tak sab ko samajhe aa chuka hai. Aap ka bhi bahot shukria.

Comment

Working...
                              X