• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lahore (cont'd.... Lahori Traffic)

ok

LOL NY yaar!!

Lahori traffic is truely a wonder.
    I also insist that if you can drive in Lahore, you can drive NEWhere man!!

I learnt to drive at 14 in Lahore. It was however the relatively easy area of Defense where I learnt it.I still remember...was it Walton Road...?? on my first proper drive, I overtook a Tonga from the left!!! oops!! and squeezed between the Tonga and a Suzuki van.
    My uncle's driver who was teaching me said :
    "Tu sahi rahengaa putarr !! "

Lemme tell you a story.
    At UET :University of Engineering & Technology, there was this visiting professor from France. On his first day in Lahore, he comes into the staff room...out of breath and sweating like crazy. On being asked what happened, the poor guy replied :
    "Gosh man! everyone on the road is trying to kill me!"

[This message has been edited by Umar Talib (edited March 15, 1999).]
    For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

NYAhmedi,

yaar kia baat hai teri......tasveer bann ke rakh ditti oo ke....

Reading your post, I was thinking how alike the Ludhiana and Amritsar (the two cities I lived at) traffic is to Lahori traffic. It is always fun to drive in those places.

My ULTIMATE TRAFFIC RULES say:
      1. Driving is like a war that you have to fight everyday unless you are a piece of furniture.

2. Everyone bigger than you (your car, truck etc.) is here to kill you,everyone smaller than you is here to be killed by you.

3. Save yourself...which in Lahori traffic will mean....kill the others.

CM - "sari saRak malli janda ain, tere pio di aye"

Comment

NyAhmadi

very nicely written
        Thankyou
        I have to disagree...females are as 'good' as men while driving in lahore. Have seen my ammi take all sorts of pangas on the roads

Comment

ok

Comment

NYAhmadi: Please do write that book on Hira Mandi...Now that you have claimed to know lot about it. It makes me really curious. What do you know about Hira Mandi? May be it will help us to become "fully formed as human beings"

CM - Now even more curious

Comment

ok

Comment

Yaar,

If I kept listening to your Lahori Masala, I will be getting ticket to Lahore pretty soon. unj terian gallaN sun ke tere sir toN vi waylaN karn nu jee karda..........here comes my credit card..........Rabb teri lambi ummer kare khush keeta e bailiya!

CM

Comment

Waisey sahi gall hai yaar NYAhmadi. I wasn't so much planning a trip
                  to Lahore...lekin hunn sochnaa waa ke tinn saal bohut hondey ney. Hunn
                  ik phairaa laa hi lawaaN, lekin yar yaa tey mey ik gaddi ley laa, yaa
                  phairaa laawaaN...very kan-fused!
                  For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

Aah Lahore's traffic I can just close my eyes and remember fearing for my life LOL

nice topic guys!!
                    khair one thing does come to mind

"Sanu v lah chhal nal veh O baoO soni guddi valiyah"

Comment

Please continue your discussion in OUR CULTURAL HERITAGE SECTION.

thanks

Comment

soNaoo ki haal he tadda ,,,saree lahorian nu mera salam .

mere kol wi moTorcecal (motor cycle) hagi he lahore de wich....ki shugal lagta si .hye

me te lahore ja rehia waan.....

Challo Challo Lahore Chaloo

Comment

Please continue your discussion in Religion.

[This message has been edited by kashmirigirl (edited March 17, 1999).]

Comment

Working...
                          X