Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donating your organs

Hi friends,

I just wanted to find out how many of us here have pledged to donate our organs after
    our death. Also, how hard/easy was it to tell your family about your committment (if
    you have told them !). I don't know about other places, but here in Canada, you can
    pledge for donating your organs for a transplant which would save/improve the life of
    another person in need and/or donate for Medical Research.

I have personally signed up as a donor of any/all organs for transplants to a person in need.
    Has it been difficult for anyone here to make such a decision and/or convince your family
    about it ??
    For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

I fully support this idea but i haven't done so. May be i will do in future. Family is not a problem.

------------------
    MIRZA YASIR

[email protected]

mirzayasir.paklinks.com
    pafcollchaklala.paklinks.com

Comment

Also would you donate your organs for Scientific research OR to a Needy Person.
      In any case why or why not??
      For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

Both cases are O.K because in either case it is a service to humanity.

------------------
        MIRZA YASIR

[email protected]

mirzayasir.paklinks.com
        pafcollchaklala.paklinks.com

Comment

humm well yes my eyes
          Meray Roz O Shab k Nisaab Main Meray Paas Apna To Kuch Nahi

Comment

Hi Umar Talib,
            That's a real nice topic that u have started.I have'nt pledged any of my organs as yet, but i surely intend to do so as soon as i am earning on my on.I am sure my parents will raise objections, but then, i might not let them know at all.
            I am an Indian, in my country, there is an acute shortage for blood donors,especially now since the Govt has banned professional donors.People willing to donate blood voluntarily to strangers are difficult to find.I belonging to a student community, have donated blood twice in the last one and a half year,and u can take my word for it - the happiness on the faces of the acceptor's family really makes Ur day, if not a full month I had once asked my parents if they had donated blood, they seemed horrified by the idea, so i didn't let them know about my blood donation.I don't like arguing with my parents,they won't let me donate blood since they are extremely worried about my health (as all parents are about their kids') even though i am a really healthy guy!
            I feel everyone of us should donate blood atleast once a year, this costs U nothing, and gives u the satisfaction of having helped someone.....
            Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Hello Queer,
              Definitely man, one should donate blood every now and then. I remember teh first time I donated blood was three years ago when I was doing my NCC in Pakistan which is an army training for college students. There was an appeal for blood donation. Me and a group of friends volunteered...guess what we got extra points in NCC for human spirit. In addition to that, yes the happiness on the face of that mother whose son was between life and death, her praises just made my day !!

Comment

Oh thats good Umar. These ppl here in US wont take my blood http://www.pak.org/gupshup/frown.gif i've tried a no. of times.
                U have to be here for a certain no. of yrs to do this.
                Khair i will inshaAllah pledge for organ donating. Right now i do have that on my driver's licence so as to if i die in an accident they would take my organs. My ammi really has a big problem with this though.

Umar yeh kya yaad kara dya hai NCC

Comment

I have done two things:

1- I have donate all organs,

2- I don't want to be buried, my body
                  will be burnt after my death!!!!

What do you think about no 2?
                  Isn't it cool? I mean hot!

Imran

Comment

Its a nice thing you've all done here, but

I would suggest

NEKI KAR, DARYA ME DAAL.

Comment

Hi,
                      I am an organ donor.It took me 2 seconds to decide.
                      my immediate family isnt here , and I didnt need to tell them ....dont know how they will take it , but think it wouldnt be a problem.

Comment

I don't think it's anyone else's decision but yours,

after all it's your body. I don't really care where my organs go( for research or as a spare part replacement) after death cuz' they are not needed, anymore.. as long as they are beneficial to humanity.

I pledged while gettin' my driver's licence in Florida, and then this 'will of mine' was transfered to BC.

Comment

'

[This message has been edited by Rubiya Nur (edited July 30, 2000).]

Comment

Well the sticker is there on my DRiver's license - but from an Islamic point of view - it is supposed to be haram. Dont ask me why - I have never really understood the reasons. Also in the US - despites safeguards against AIDS and Hepattits B - most prudent desi's have family members with blood matches to donate blood in surgical cases - and sometimes even in C-section deliveries.

Comment

i ahve donated my kidneys but does islam approve of it ,anyone with the answers

Comment

Working...
                              X