Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who has more influence>>>>

Mothers or Fathers?

For me...words from my mother and examples from my father.
    For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

The mothers gives you all the love and affection and in more cases than not its the fathers who as Umar says set you the example of what you as a man should do.

Comment

The mother gives you her love and the father his strong hand.. I dont think there is really any real distinction between who gives the more.. its just in diff spheres ..kinda
        .. THough been a guy you tend you associate more with your father than you mother and the other way round for girls..

Comment

I'd say its the other way around:

Boys - influenced by their mothers
          Girls - influenced by their fathers (Daddy's little girl)

Achtung

Comment

Once my math teacher said, "Maan ka payaar to

undha hota hay". I found it to be true . However, my mam gave me depth , and my dad gave me my adventurous aptitude.

Comment

'

[This message has been edited by Rubiya Nur (edited July 30, 2000).]

Comment

good one kg...

Mom made me take a shower before going to sleep. Which is the only reason i am doing decent in college. As thats the only time I get to study.

One word for Dad "thand" = cool.
                But, I guess I still think dad was more influential to me. His laid back funny attitude and a thand approach towards everything in life makes me want to be like him. But, without mom I guess I would be a drop out.

Comment

Hmmmm interesting question but even more interesting answers......

Like Rubiya my ammi played the disciplinary role...never my father. He was always the one that rewarded me. He was fortunate to be able to play the good guy role. Perhaps Allah did that because He knew that papa would be taken from me at a tender age.

I think I got my strength and will to succeed from ammi....while, like Rubiya again, I was polished and refined by my father.

I also agree with Achtung that girls tend to look to the father for guidance and approval.....maybe that's why he was able to influence me so much in so little time.

Whatever the case...I can now see some signs of both ammi and papa very clearly in my own approach.

Comment

My dad has always been a busy guy and my ami is a quiet person....and I'm too lazy to get influenced by anyone of them...but the funny thing is I always impress myself with my little accomplishments and my approach towards different tasks....'I guess its just an overall ghar ka mahol' which gives you some direction in life.

BoSS

Comment

For me both my parents are inspiration and ideals!

As for my father he worked abroad and always sound so cool and light hearted person and now I know I hard it is to be alone without a family in PARDES.......I admire him

For my mother she made what I am today....I would only say
                      Mothers Are The Best Blessings That Allah Has Bestowed On Us.

Comment

For males anyway - the father is more of a role model - somebody to emulate ...

The mother in retrospect has a very profound influnce on the children - she engenders the values - both social & moral, she is harbinger of attitudes and probably a custodian to a very large degree of our impending successes and failures in life. A strong mother is probably one of the greatest blessings on any child and I am very fortunate to be blessed by one such lady.

Comment

For me, my both parents have same influence. My father taught me the freedom of openion, helped me towards a successful life and my mom guided me how to deal with the situations in the social side of life. I always felt myself so fortunate by having both of my parents in my life.
                          I am not able to make any selection between them. That could be because the selection won't be fair as I love my both parents more than any thing else in the world.

------------------
                          Promoting Islam and Pakistan positively won't insult your intelligence. Unless you are an IDIOT.

Comment

I have 2 fathers. My parents are a Gay Couple. They both are wonderful, and exert equal amount of influence. Now imagine being an Ahmadi, and raised by a Gay couple. Can things get any worse for someone like me in Pakistan??? I hate my life.

Comment

NYAhmadi birathar jee...
                              You and your posts http://www.pak.org/gupshup/biggrin.gif

LOL

[This message has been edited by Umar Talib (edited March 15, 1999).]
                              For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

Working...
                              X