What pisses you off about Gupshup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What pisses you off about Gupshup?

Do you get pissed off when your posts are edited/deleted? I am sure you do. But what do you feel? Do you feel upset, angry, or do you simply say hell with it, I will write my post again, with the same message but a little differently, more diplomatically, and more subduedly so Mod wouldn’t even know what I am taking about? Do you feel particularly bad, when you have posted a 3000 word essay that took you 29 minuets to compose (you used some big words like apparatus and thingie) and this idiot took only 2 seconds to delete it?

Do you take action when this happens? Or do you let it go. Do you also feel at times that someone may have some personal vendetta against you because of your race/creed/sexual orientation/sex habits, etc.

Honest answers please.

Here’s what I feel: I say hell with him/her. I will try the same thing in 2 days and by then it will all be forgotten.

If Mods think that this belongs in the Cafe section, move it there.

All of the above NYA. I think as I repost, sarcasm plays a big role and the obvious need to showcase the limitations of the deleter.

Comment

In some forums, kinda helpless. I just stop posting. But actually, I really dont care. There are some other things about GS that really piss me off.
      I'm cold seed, I'm your sweetest leaf
      I'll ease your mind, I'll set you free

Comment

hmm...hua kya?

Comment

flooders
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

When i don't get a pm reply from someone (*cough* Admin *cough*) regarding my custom avatar

NYAhmadi, I know what you mean. It's got to suck sitting there for 30 minutes writing a post only to see it get deleted in two seconds.

What's just as annoying though is when you sit at your pc writing a cracker of an e-mail to a special someone, click send and encounter an error on the next page. It doesn't get sent, you click 'back' - and it's all gone.

I've even heard a couple of stories of people sitting at their pc's for 1/2 hour to an hour writing an e-mail only to accidentally send it to the completely wrong person - or the last person they'd want to send this particular e-mail to...
            (ofcourse, i've never done such a thing...)

Sorry for getting of the topic, but hey someone can always delete this .

Comment

hmmmm I don't know I never really thought about it....

Lets see, okay personal attack, not pleasant..

Getting a PM about my thread. I mean pple don't tell me what you think, just post your views in the thread.

Oh and I would have to go with UMS, when I don't get a reply back from MODS or Admin.

What else? Oh yeah one more, when I get people talking senseless to just flood the thread. I mean sometimes I really want to know what others think in regards to a topic. I don't want idiots giving me similies or a ONE word reply.....

Comment

Why do you people delete every thread? If there is Hindu bashing its alright, but my topic of "is islam an arab religion" was deleted. How typical, I am a muslim myself, and it saddens me to see this type of behavior. I guess this board has a blasphemy law as well. We as muslims always preach about how we have the true religion and our great values, but look how we treat and speak of others (i.e. jews, hindus, christians,etc) Nothing but a bunch of hypocrites .

Comment

I have to admit that it gets boring in here sometimes and I don't go to the cafe' much often because the posts are like a chatroom.... !!

Even diverse guppies like the author here .... sometimes get down to posting threads like these you know.......;~D !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gooni_2000:

Even diverse guppies like the author here .... sometimes get down to posting threads like these you know.......;~D !!!!!
                    and even diverse guppies like the above here......sometimes get down to posting replies in threads like these you know.....

Comment

Re: What pisses you off about Gupshup?

Originally posted by NYAhmadi:
                      Do you get pissed off when your posts are edited/deleted? I am sure you do. But what do you feel? Do you feel upset, angry, or do you simply say hell with it, I will write my post again, with the same message but a little differently, more diplomatically, and more subduedly so Mod wouldn’t even know what I am taking about? Do you feel particularly bad, when you have posted a 3000 word essay that took you 29 minuets to compose (you used some big words like apparatus and thingie) and this idiot took only 2 seconds to delete it?

Do you take action when this happens? Or do you let it go. Do you also feel at times that someone may have some personal vendetta against you because of your race/creed/sexual orientation/sex habits, etc.

Honest answers please.

Here’s what I feel: I say hell with him/her. I will try the same thing in 2 days and by then it will all be forgotten.

If Mods think that this belongs in the Cafe section, move it there.
                      I guess I would stop posting.

Why waste your quality time by picking up a fight with the Authorities? It's not like you'll win or anything like that.

Let the quality of discussion suffer and I guess that will be the end of Gupshup.

Comment

Interesting NYA :~)

Well lets say some mods have gotten to my last nerve. When the time comes i really cant take them Inshallah will meet them personally and sort things out . And they wont even know a thing before i meet them i am sure i will meet them all one day.

[my karate lessons are going Just Great ]

I really don't care if my post gets deleted as long as they give me a good reason. If there were some technical problems etc what can i say :~).
                        [obviously who knows if they are lying or not ... again one meeting would them will certainly sort things out ]
                        Life became all Gray! But NOW i have decided to paint it all over again.

I Tawt I Taw A Puddy Tat

Comment

I only faced this problem in the religion forum. I persisted and now they dont bother me as much.

I agree though about the whole muslim-hypocrite thing. We're so quick to bash other religions, but if we question our own people, its just so WRONG.

Hey, that just gives ya more reason to keep posting up threads like that until the system just gives up on ya, and lets ya have your way.
                          I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

Do you feel particularly bad, when you have posted a 3000 word essay that
                            took you 29 minuets to compose
                            29 minutes for a 3000-words long post, that's very quick............

Comment

Originally posted by filhaal:

29 minutes for a 3000-words long post, that's very quick............
                              Perhaps He's gifted

Comment

Working...
                              X