For all the high IQ people - there is a quiz for you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For all the high IQ people - there is a quiz for you

Many of you are very laiq faiq, high IQ people, so use some of those brain cells, and see if you can come up with the answers to the following quiz. Even if you are unable to respond, be sure to enjoy.
    1. Tony has three times as many brothers as he has sisters, but each sister has seven times as many brothers as sisters. If there are no more than 10 siblings, how many boys and girls are there in the immediate family (including Tony)?
    2. What best completes the following series?
      Knight Two Wrong Guard
      (A) Garden (B) Clasp (C) Plan (D) Gnu
    3. If six of Santa's helpers can pack 18 boxes in half an hour, how many helpers will Santa have to hire to pack 93 boxes?
    4. Cowboy Bob decided to take as many horses as he could find and let a greenhorn ride each one. When he did count, however, he found he had a problem. There were four more greenhorns than there were horses, but there were 24 more horse legs than greenhorn legs. How many greenhorns and horses were there, providing there were no more than 20 of each?

All the answers are pretty easy (I left out the more difficult ones) and should be just a matter of concentrating.

Good luck!
    "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Nice questions..

Cool post, Faisal.

I am not showing the working.. may not be of interest to many. Here r the solutions anyway:

1. 2 sisters, 7 brothers = total 9. Therefore Tony has 6 brothers 2 sisters.. 3 times more bros than sis. And each sis has 1 sis and 7 bros... 7 times bros than sis.

2. This took me the longest. If u r looking for a pair, answer is obvious: Clasp Plan. If one word.. then Garden should go best.

3. You didn't say anything about the time in which those 93 boxes have to be packed.. therefore.. the same 6 helpers can do it.. in a little over 2.5 hours.

4. Short answer: 16 horses, 20 greenhorns.

Good ones.. do post more if u have any.

Lahoriya99.

Comment

I came up with the same answers, but couldn't figure out No. 2.
      The Pakistani Brain of the Austria (formerly known as "The Pakistani Brain of UAE")

Comment

wow....
        we sure do have some clever ppl here....
        Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

If six of Santa's helpers can pack 18 boxes in half an hour, how many helpers will Santa have to hire to pack 93 boxes?

If u meant that how many helpers he would need to pack 93 boxes in same amount of time then according to my calculations 31. 6 pack 18 boxes in 30 minutes. 18/6= 3. Meaning each helper packed 3 boxes. So 93/3 = 31. Dunno if i am right though :-D
          We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

Comment

Good work guys. Not all questions are correctly answered, so I am holding off giving the answers as yet. Maybe others also want to take a crack at them.

I have some more questions too, once this one is over, I will post some more.
            "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

Faisal Bhai urdu wala koi post kerien na

You know my problem na

Comment

Re: For all the high IQ people - there is a quiz for you

Comment

Here are the correct answers:

(1) 7 boys and 2 girls

(2) D. Gnu. Each word in the series has a silent letter

(3) 25 addl helpers.

(4) There were 16 horses and 20 greenhorns

Comment

Here goes nothing

2) Two Knights Guard Wrong Garden

3) 6 helper needed to pack 93 boxes

I know the first and the fourth question but I'll need some time to
                    crack'em, since I'm at work, I'll give it rest.... for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Faisal
                      Here are the correct answers:

(1) 7 boys and 2 girls

(2) D. Gnu. Each word in the series has a silent letter

(3) 25 addl helpers.

(4) There were 16 horses and 20 greenhorns
                      I only got 1 right: Number 1

And I disagree with #3 -- HE DOESNT NEED ANY ADDITIONAL WORKERS,it will take them longer to do it thats all.....

For #3 i said: NONE so in my mind i got 2 right because the answer could be NONE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Faisal View Post
                        Many of you are very laiq faiq, high IQ people, so use some of those brain cells, and see if you can come up with the answers to the following quiz. Even if you are unable to respond, be sure to enjoy.
                        1. Tony has three times as many brothers as he has sisters, but each sister has seven times as many brothers as sisters. If there are no more than 10 siblings, how many boys and girls are there in the immediate family (including Tony)?
                        2. What best completes the following series?
                          Knight Two Wrong Guard
                          (A) Garden (B) Clasp (C) Plan (D) Gnu
                        3. If six of Santa's helpers can pack 18 boxes in half an hour, how many helpers will Santa have to hire to pack 93 boxes?
                        4. Cowboy Bob decided to take as many horses as he could find and let a greenhorn ride each one. When he did count, however, he found he had a problem. There were four more greenhorns than there were horses, but there were 24 more horse legs than greenhorn legs. How many greenhorns and horses were there, providing there were no more than 20 of each?

All the answers are pretty easy (I left out the more difficult ones) and should be just a matter of concentrating.

Good luck!
                        feeling sleepy so just answering Q no 1. 2 sister and 7 brothers!!
                        So dear I love him that with him, All deaths I could endure. Without him, live no life.
                        William Shakespeare

Comment

1- Tony has three times as many brothers as he has sisters, but each sister has seven times as many brothers as sisters. If there are no more than 10 siblings, how many boys and girls are there in the immediate family (including Tony)?

Answer to this question also depends on number of times Tony's parents have sex each week. He could end up with more sisters/brothers you know. Since you didn't provide that info (with preferably pictorial evidence) no one can be sure.

2- What best completes the following series?
                          Knight Two Wrong Guard

Fowk if I know. Note: W is silent in the answer.

3- If six of Santa's helpers can pack 18 boxes in half an hour, how many helpers will Santa have to hire to pack 93 boxes?

If santa's helpers are really working diligently and are not wasting time having unprotected sex with each other sometimes, and other times with the rein deers, then I'd say about 26 to 30. It's a range because you can't really tell if people are equally efficient or not, can you?

4- Cowboy Bob decided to take as many horses as he could find and let a greenhorn ride each one. When he did count, however, he found he had a problem. There were four more greenhorns than there were horses, but there were 24 more horse legs than greenhorn legs. How many greenhorns and horses were there, providing there were no more than 20 of each?

Faisal, let me just say this: you have issues. Not only you come up with incomprehensible riddles, they are laced with sexual innuendos. What the heck is a greenhorn and, please, define "ride". I hope it's not what I think it is for your own sake.

Comment

^ Damn! You woke up late.

Anyway, welcome back. Now convince your pals NYA, chanmahi and matsui to come back as well.
                            Don't get mad because someone sins differently.

Comment

Working...
                            X