UK internet access - advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK internet access - advice needed

Has anyone from the UK here signed up to one of the free ISP's ?

I've tried BTFreeClick but keep getting a userid and password verification failed message.

I've heard that FreeServe is difficult to uninstall and alters a lot of stuff in Windows.

I've ordered Virgin Net installation software but they start from May this year.

Advice, opinions and comments please.

well BT tend to rip u off
    i've been using freeserve so far so good

Comment

I've been using freeserve - its OK so far - I have also heard about it being difficult to remove though.

Have you tried tesconet - thats supposed to be free - I don't know how good it is though.

Comment

FreeServe can't be difficult to uninstall.

You just have to set your default ISP to a different one. The rest of the software comes with MS Internet Explorer 4 anyway so its quite handy for other ISPs.

Try FreeUK www.freeuk.com

Comment

Hi all,

Thought I'd just give a quick update.

BT seem to have sorted their problem out and I finally used their free internet access yesterday evening. It's quite fast and appears to be fine in every respect.

I also installed and tried out the yahoo click service which charges at 2p per minute weekends and 2.5p per minute during the week.

Hopefully we'll start to see more and more Pakistanis from the UK on all these forums as internet access becomes more affordable for us.

Farouq Taj.

Comment

Just noticed Yazoo that your studying Computer Science at Hertfordshire.

I graduated in Computer Science at Hatfield in 1992 !

Farouq Taj.

Comment

Thats sounds Cool Farouq! Perhaps I can talk to you about whats been going on. (And you can advise me of any surprises!)

Can I have permission to e-mail you?

(You may e-mail me if u wish)

Comment

Mr Farouq Taj,

Aap kis zamanay may rehtay hein. Aaj kal to Cable internet ka zamana hay. Must be available in UK. Whoa! how fast it is, You can't imagine. You just click and everything is infront of you.

Go spend some money!

------------------
                MIRZA YASIR

[email protected]

mirzayasir.paklinks.com
                pafcollchaklala.paklinks.com

Comment

MirzaYassir,

The cost of living is much higher in Europe than America (in general).

Cable modem pricing is aimed at businesses not the residential market.

Farouq Taj.

Comment

Working...
                  X