Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

11 years old girl, an innocent angel or a stree .........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11 years old girl, an innocent angel or a stree .........

Folks:
    This news hit the Toronto Canada News papers a few days back ("Totonto police arrested a 14 years old girl from the street ..... for selling her body. According to the police resources, she started all this while she was 11 years old. Her daily income was about $500 after paying all the commissions to her agents"). I am not going into the details of this news. My concern is to discuss the morality of the CIVILIZED WESTERN SOCIETY.
    Some questions came into my mind and have not found the clear answers yet eventhough I tried my best.

Q: Who are these people who introduced this innocent 11 year old angel to this filthy world? Are they belong to the CIVILIZED WESTERN SOCIETY or they belong to the people from a uneducated, illiterate and untaught society.

Q: Should we judge the western society from the incidences like this while this ONE case tells that the number of people involved is over thousand?

Q: Is this the only occurrence in this civilized society?

Q: Have any one of those people been attrested who brought this innocent girl into the grimy night life or who were the customers of this gritty action?

Q: Where are those lobbyists of the CIVILIZED WESTERN SOCIETY who are ubiquitous to browse the criminal records in the Lahore High files?

------------------

I live in toronto too. Its very sad. What else can I say

------------------
    MIRZA YASIR

[email protected]

mirzayasir.paklinks.com
    pafcollchaklala.paklinks.com

Comment

MIRZA YASIR:
      Thanks for your condemnation on this issue. Is not this surperising that all those people who are free lobysits to the western cultures do not even have courage to condemn this issue. Not surperising to me because these people know only to throw mud over their own love ones.

------------------
      ****I am a jeweler, I set the significance of the jewels and throw the insignificant into the trash, these are my Quality Standards****

[This message has been edited by msaqibj (edited February 25, 1999).]

Comment

Q: Who are these people who introduced this innocent 11 year old angel to this filthy world? Are they belong to the CIVILIZED WESTERN SOCIETY or they belong to the people from a uneducated, illiterate and untaught society.
        You'll find such people in all societies including Western ones. The question is what steps does a particular country take to minimise these events and what does it do when the laws are violated.

Q: Should we judge the western society from the incidences like this while this ONE case tells that the number of people involved is over thousand?
        I'd question your figure of a thousand.

One can also look at things from a different perspective. How many charitable institutions exist in Toronto ? What services does the local authority provide in terms of welfare, support and assistance to disadvantaged members of the community ?

In addition what can you do to improve matters in your neighbourhood ? And yes if you live in Toronto it's your neighbourhood.

Farouq Taj.

[This message has been edited by farouq_taj (edited February 25, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by farouq_taj (edited February 25, 1999).]

Comment

yes msaqib this is sad. Unfortunately this is not the only occurence and its not only present in the western society. There are ppl like this all over the world whose conscious is dead. They have no respect for humanity and would go to the lowest of actions to exploit others.

Comment

Farooq Taj said, "The question is what steps does a particular country take to minimise these events and what does it do when the laws are violated."

The answer is very simple, that canada is not doing anything to stop it. Infact all the western countries are promoting it instead of crushing it.

------------------
            MIRZA YASIR

[email protected]

mirzayasir.paklinks.com

Comment

Mirza yasir

How are the western countries promoting it?

Comment

well, kashmirigirl! the most recent incident is that of Bill Clinton. you know what he did. And after all that they said that its his own sex life c'mon!! If the president is doing this then what motivation will others get.

Those who live here in toronto, know that recently a new progrm called "sex" started on the city TV. It is a very popular TV channel and it is not on cabel can be caught without a cabel. Is this promotion

In my school, I have written essays on "violence and sex on TV" many many times in past years. everybody agree that its bad. I do too. Last semester a girl in my class wrote an essay on the same topic and then she gave it to me to peer edit it. In the conclusion she said, " Government should stop kids from watching such programs" and I wrote in responce, " Government should stop those channels from broadcasting such programs" How can you stop children from watching those programs. Remember, Forbidden fruit is a greater temptation. What all these channels do is that whenever they show such programs they show a little note before those programs, "viewers dicreation is advised, adult content" If a kid wants to watch that program he woudn't stop from watching it. the only solution is to stop those programs but the government is not doing anything.

Look what kind of surveys they do. i was going in my car and the radio was on, they said that in a recent survey done in canada, they found out that the people of alberta have the happiest sex life because they have sex 3 times a week average. This survey was done among canadian provinces, ontario was rated third.

In my school, outside the physical education office there is a notice posted "free condoms available" On one hand they are promoting safe sex but on the other hand they are promoting more sex

NOW WHAT YOU SAY?

"let us not look back in anger nor forward in fear but around in awareness"

KHUDA HAFIZ

------------------
                MIRZA YASIR

[email protected]

mirzayasir.paklinks.com

Comment

Mirzayasir:

Our attitudes towards sex here in the West are more liberal however rape is condemned and steps are taken to reduce the risk and punish any perpetrators. This is in stark contrast to societies such as Pakistan where the victim is blamed for being raped.

On balance I prefer a healthy and responsible attitude towards sex rather than the hypocrisy that exists when societies such as Pakistan stifle the subject. Pakistan and Middle East is one of the most sexually obsessed societies so let's try and keep things in prespective.

This post started with a discussion of rape and ends up condemning something fundamentally different and that is sexual freedom.

I again say look at the number of charitable institutions in your town. You'll find Western people charitable, warm and friendly. Let's focus on your immediate neighbours not government politics.

Have you ever seen people push and shove past each other in queues in Canada ? Have you ever tried standing in a queue at a train station in Egypt or a bus stop in Pakistan ? You want to talk about Bill Clinton I say let's look at simpler examples of daily life.

Be grateful for living in Canada and for the opportunity you have been given. Suggest constructive ways in which you can make Canada an even better place to live in. Don't just condemn value systems that clash with yours. Please don't take offence at my comments either.

Farouq Taj.

Comment

Msaqibj
                    : Where are those lobbyists of the CIVILIZED WESTERN SOCIETY who are ubiquitous
                    to browse the criminal records in the Lahore High files?

What do you mean by this?

Thanks mirzayasir...

both you and farouq taj bring up excellent points.

How our society present an image of what is acceptable. However, i know few Americans who think that child prostitution/ prostitution is admissible, what bill clinton did was acceptable, or that sexual promiscuity is ok. But, I live in the mid-west and we are much more conservative.

Farouq Taj

You're right. Change can only occur through allowing other means of support for people in these situations. So starting from grass roots we can bring about change. It is often we spend time discussion "the problem" never doing anything to resolve it.

I also need to add...this happens in Pakistan to just not as obvious.

Comment

mirzyasir:
                      Selling yourslf on the street and committing adultary are 2 very different things.
                      The 11 year old girl(now a 14 yr old) is SELLING her body to make money for whatever reason (drugs, tired of living in poverty) Whereas Prez Clinton wasnt selling himslf nor any of the women that he slept with.
                      I'm not condoning his behavior, but just b/c he sleeps arounds doenst make youngsters decide to go sell their bodies on the street for a quick hundred buck, ya know?

That 11 yr old girl case is not an isolated case. It happens all the time everywhere in the world.

About the free condoms at school. Just b/c you decide not to talk about a problem doesnt mean that it'll go away. In pakistan, ppl dont come out and talk about sex and all that but over here they have to. Ya, they are advertising free condoms and I dont really agree with it BUT statistically, the number of births to teenage girls has been reduced since the implementation of that campaign so obviously it is doing some good.
                      Granted, I dont think that that was the best way to appproach the rising teenage pregnancy rate but it was a quick fix...

Comment

MirzaYasir: You wrote most of the stuff I was going to write, so thanks.

Farouq_Taj: The theme of the discussion was NOT to find out which country is doing better job for its citizens. The idea behind this thread was to discuss that if these things can be found in a so called civilized society and lobbyists of the CIVILIZED WESTERN SOCIETY seem to not care then why these people start blabbering when similar crime happens in an uneducated, untrained society like in Pakistan. If something similar to this happens in Pakistan, then all these people have their guns loaded already to blame the whole society and they work hard to prove that this type of crimes are common practice in Pakistan, although they are not, but when these things happen in the so called civilized society, then these people keep quite and try to change the subject. Can I ask what type of two-facedness is this?
                        So instead of advocating the western society, you could have simply condemned this common practice in western culture.

kashmirigirl: I think, I have given the answer of your question too.

------------------

Comment

'

[This message has been edited by Rubiya Nur (edited July 30, 2000).]

Comment

Just one more reason why there is NO Place like HOME.

Comment

Rubiya Nur and Jez:
                              I do not agree with your arguments at all. The action of Clinton does not directly related to this news but don't you think the action of a Leader leaves a great impect on the people. What is the impression a person would get when he sees that a great leader of a great country is using a girl for sexual satisfaction who is only 4-5 years older than the age of his own doughter now. Don't you think that would give the courage to the others to do the same too? don't you think that would set an example for the others to repeat the action of their leader? Don't you think this is a condemnable situation in this society?

Jez: Again using the word "selling her body" is not appropriate for an 11 years old. I am little surperised that a woman does not have any respect for other woman who was emforced to get into this mud. At 11 she won't even know the meanings of what she was pushing into. I have a great respect for this girl but I do not have little respect for the society which brought her into these circumstances.

------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X