Intuition/Sixth-Sense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intuition/Sixth-Sense

Would you say that you are intuitive or that you have a pretty good 6th-sense about people and things? If so, share examples.

Re: Intuition/Sixth-Sense

I do not have any example right now but normally i am very good at reading people or things through their talking style, body language e.t.c Do not know if it's 6th sense or not.

Comment

I feel like I do have good intuition, but sometimes I'll give a person the benefit of the doubt only to realize later that my gut feeling about them should have been paid greater heed. I find it interesting how sometimes the closest people to me will dismiss things that my heart is restless about...and then I end up being right.

Comment

I think most people have some kind of "sixth sense" because of pattern-recognition. Your previous experiences inform you and you tend to pick up on similarities between your current situation and past situations and make judgments from that. It's all a matter of if you listen to your "sixth-sense" or ignore it and brush off whatever similarity on coincidence or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by IsaidwhatIsaid View Post
          I think most people have some kind of "sixth sense" because of pattern-recognition. Your previous experiences inform you and you tend to pick up on similarities between your current situation and past situations and make judgments from that. It's all a matter of if you listen to your "sixth-sense" or ignore it and brush off whatever similarity on coincidence or whatever.
          that means those have good "sixth sense" are good drivers as they can better sense immediate future danger in advance?
          zoobi doobi

Comment

I dont judge.. bas simply seedhi baat.. and apne kaam se kaam..

Comment

Interesting Topic .....another word for sixth sense is ESP Extra Sensory Perception!

So a question comes to mind:

Can you develop your own ESP?

While we are all equipped with 6 senses, it takes a certain level of time and patience to develop one’s own Extra-Sensory Perception or intuition if it’s not used on a regular basis.

Many children are born into the world with an inner knowing, but are told to ignore what they sense and pick up intuitively because it might appear strange to others. So they purposely shut it down, only to realize they very much need it later in life!

Once you decide to start to develop your sixth sense, it can be a wonderful adventure, offering you insights and guidance you may never have thought possible. All you have to do it set the intention to begin the journey, and you will absolutely begin to notice your intuition working for you.
              Balaghal-ula bi-kamaalihi / Kashafad-duja bi-jamaalihi / Hasunat jameeu khisaalihi / Sallu alaihi wa aalihi

Comment

Originally posted by Anjul View Post
                that means those have good "sixth sense" are good drivers as they can better sense immediate future danger in advance?
                I suppose people who utilize their "sixth-sense" well are people who can analyze and accurately conclude if what they see is a red flag or not.

Comment

I have Al-ḥamdu lillāh الحَمْد لله‎‎, sometimes my husband calls me, and i answer him before he says something, he gets surprised, this is how it works in my mpther case or many examples i have with my friends and family!
                  but it works perfectly in my husband case
                  “The keys to the life of the heart lie in reflecting upon the Quran, being humble before Allah in secret, and leaving sins.” Ibn Qayyim al Jawziyyah

Comment

I also think it has mostly to do with acute observation and anticipation skills.

One thing I find intriguing is about the (sad) cases of sudden death (people who were otherwise healthy). I don't know if it comes under sixth-sense but from personal experience, almost everytime in these cases, someone tells us how the deceased must have sensed something was going to happen because shortly before death she/he took specific actions like fulfulling a wish, writing a will, getting back in touch or making up with family/friends.
                    Or, some relative say they sensed a tragedy was bound to happen because they felt restless.

Maybe it’s a part of grieving process, or people over-analyzing, or pure coincidence...

Comment

Originally posted by redvelvet View Post
                      I feel like I do have good intuition, but sometimes I'll give a person the benefit of the doubt only to realize later that my gut feeling about them should have been paid greater heed. I find it interesting how sometimes the closest people to me will dismiss things that my heart is restless about...and then I end up being right.
                      This is so so so me !!
                      My 6th sense is spot on 99% of the time. I can also sense it if someone isn't good for me aka could harm me in the future... I'll distance myself from that person, eventhough he/she would be really nice. And there have been times when I let go that gut feeling, only to be slapped hard in the face afterwards. And then I end up being pissed at myself that why did I let it happen if I could feel it wasn't good for me...

Also I'm great at analysing people, their body language, their mindset... And often it is pretty accurate

Or if I can feel something I'll say it loud, and when it actually happens they call me "kaali zubaan"... For instance if I'll find a parking slot or not, if we'll have an unexpected wedding or not. For the last 4 wedding we had in our family, they all were last minute things where we had to go to Pak literally 15 days before... And for the past few months I was already buying wedding related stuff and I was telling everybody that I can feel we're going to Pak for a wedding... Same goes with if someoneone's gonna show up or not at a party, or we'd have this particular chapter at an exam, this person is gonna ditch us for XYZ reason...
                      * DiScO DeEwAaNE * __________________________________________________ ________<Aankh mare O larki Aankh mare>

Comment

Sorry wrong thread. Thought this was about six packs.
                        Why isn't the Dividend story among the featured threads?

Comment

Holy's 7th sense is telling him to stop thinking to brag about the 6th sense

#wutda6th
                          My degree of sarcasm is directly related with your level of stupidity.
                          "Hamari Koi aur branch nahi hai"

Comment

Originally posted by Southie View Post
                            Sorry wrong thread. Thought this was about six packs.
                            Not at all. Your 6-pack is still relevant to the topic. My intuition tells me you don't have any.
                            Last edited by redvelvet; Feb 28, 2018, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X