Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Degree Or Not..................

no
    Last edited by Bobby1; Nov 2, 2018, 04:32 PM.

Re: Degree Or Not..................

Bobby let's have a few sips of vodka first and then discuss all these things. Cheeeeers!!!!!
    مجھے ہے حکمِ اذاں

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble Seeker View Post
      Bobby let's have a few sips of vodka first and then discuss all these things. Cheeeeers!!!!!

I doubt if I would ever have a drink with you. I appreciate company of interesting people only.. Both of Safys friends were damn interesting people. Aldon had driven to Alaska and that was an interesting conversation plus he has aspirations of becoming a professional poker player so he taught us a few things at the game.

Comment

Dang salaries in Canada seem really gassed up. Context is important, those salaries are in Canadian $ and Canada has an extremely high cost of living, so all those salaries you've quoted are unimpressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby1 View Post
          Lately I have been thinking if degrees are worth it, two of Safys best friends started work right after high school, Justin is second year electrician apprentice and makes over 50k at under 20 years of age, whereas Safy is spending around 25k a year studying engineering so at the end of 4 yrs Safy would have spent 100k and Justin as his income goes up would have made 250k. So at degree time Justin would be ahead of him by 350K and Justin would be a journeyman by then making 80 to 100k a year and if he went to Fort Mcmurray he could do 200k.

When Zak (Our Indonesian Team Coach) wife came over from France with a PHD in engineering and with expertise and work experience in IA, I thought wow!! he lucked out and now she got a job for mere 55k/year.

If you become a doctor at an early age then it might be worth it, my niece in Montreal completed it under 23 yrs of age other wise I think trades might be a better place to go. It seems to be supply and demand and Indian and Chinese have flooded the market with degree holders and you hardly see Indians and Chinese in Trades. Is degrees now just unfounded pride.

The first Indian female mortgage broker I saw with a fire in her belly and has only been in the business for 2 years just purchased a strip mall, she is not working in a field which requires professional degree.

Oh and just had a really fancy New Dodge Ram truck with the fancy hood with air intakes.

So once again, this thread is all about your anecdotes on this "$2 forum"?
          Attitude is more important than facts.
          "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Not sure why you measure success in wealth and salaries all the time?
            I'm Not The Messiah, I'm A Very Naughty Boy

Comment

the canadian housing bubble is ready to go bust any day now, bob ji. injineer and dactar degree wegree walay will still have steady jobs, mortage brokers will be walmart greeters overnight, just like what happened in US in 2008.
              Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Originally posted by queer View Post
                the canadian housing bubble is ready to go bust any day now, bob ji. injineer and dactar degree wegree walay will still have steady jobs, mortage brokers will be walmart greeters overnight, just like what happened in US in 2008.
                Just to maybe educate you a bit, Alberta has been in a housing and economic recession for the last 10 yrs. Jobless rate is really high, Gdp growth has been stagnant, housing sales are down also. Reema is making half a million in recession and we are about to see a boom very soon. Just imagine what she will make in the boom times. Recession only weeds out the weak. I have been doing this for 20 yrs and on an average made 5 times as much as an engineer every year. Canadian housing boom was more in Toronto and Vancouver.

Comment

Originally posted by NavAhmed View Post
                  Not sure why you measure success in wealth and salaries all the time?
                  Well then you don't know me at all as I always promote health, sports, family, relationships activities, adventures etc but we still need to be able to make a good living. There is nothing wrong in a good living as long as there is a legit purpose behind it. Do you even know how expensive these activities are. Personally I could have been very wealthy if I worked very long hours and I decided to be with my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by third string View Post
                    Dang salaries in Canada seem really gassed up. Context is important, those salaries are in Canadian $ and Canada has an extremely high cost of living, so all those salaries you've quoted are unimpressive.
                    We were at par before for dollar and will be again after oil recovers. Calgary is very affordable, we have free health care, our schooling is awesome and Unis are very inexpensive, I think my boy pays 7k a year. Calgary's average income and we are in a recession per household is 104K. If people go to oilsands they make crazy income. I had asked mt nephew in Boston and trades make good money in USA also.

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
                      So once again, this thread is all about your anecdotes on this "$2 forum"?

Sorry I realised errors in my ways, just because there are 8 regular posters but it still is worth millions in our hearts....right???

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby1 View Post
                        Sorry I realised errors in my ways, just because there are 8 regular posters but it still is worth millions in our hearts....right???
                        Oh.. glad you found a way thats called Sarcasm. But your previous $1 comment is ofcourse a very serious one.

And we, the lovers of this forum, wont forget it, EVER!!

Now after the net $ value evaluation since you are pointing out that there are 8 regular posters, which actually leave 7 since you are one of those 8.

Spending a ton of time on a forum whose dollar value is 1 and number of posters 8(-1). What does it actually say about you?
                        Attitude is more important than facts.
                        "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Oh.. glad you found a way thats called Sarcasm. But your previous $1 comment is ofcourse a very serious one.

And we, the lovers of this forum, wont forget it, EVER!!

Now after the net $ value evaluation since you are pointing out that there are 8 regular posters, which actually leave 7 since you are one of those 8.

Spending a ton of time on a forum whose dollar value is 1 and number of posters 8(-1). What does it actually say about you?
                          And Now there is 9 we can add the Token Trump supporter to the long list of posters here!

I know Bobby1 likes to talk about his own life here, I'd say he is somewhat like the Donald, who knows some day he could run for the Premier of Canada!

may be? and then may be not!

but I do know if it was not for Bobby1 at least some of us would not have been so entertained reading what the average posters like me post around here!

I think Bobby1 does make sense that is the Trades have steady jobs where as College Grads are having a hard time finding employment!
                          Balaghal-ula bi-kamaalihi / Kashafad-duja bi-jamaalihi / Hasunat jameeu khisaalihi / Sallu alaihi wa aalihi

Comment

Education is very important to me but I try not to be an inflexible parent. If my son chooses to go into a trade I expect him to do the requisite coursework in that field to make himself competitive and I plan to support any training he would require. I do hope he chooses to go to University as I really enjoyed that time in my life and continue to find what I learned applicable/useful, etc but it is his life and he must ultimately be the one to decide.
                            Our backs tell stories no books have the spine to carry - Rupi Kaur

Comment

It means that us $1 forum ki khaatir $30 dollar di fuel baal kar......un 8 posters main se 2 ka naam samundar ki rait main likhna. Fan ho to aisa!

Comment

Working...
                              X