Marrying a white woman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marrying a white woman

When a muslim marries a white woman the family normally pressurizes for the girl to convert to isalm. a lot of them ead the Qalma just to marry but have no intention of being a muslim. Isn't it better that we don't force people to embrace islam . It has to come from the heart . You just can't go around changing your religion.

I think you are over generalising. I have known of people who have married non-muslim spouses and I can tell you that they are more muslims then some of us so-called muslims who were born into a muslim family. Of course the love of the religion has to come from the heart - you are right you can't just go on changing religions willy nilly.

Have you actually come across these sorts of cases where people have convert just for the sake of converting?

Comment

i have to agree with Azhar, that those that convert do embrace Islam (or any other religion) properly some times i feel that those of who are born into Islam just take it for granted that we are muslims and thats all that there is to it

it is a matter of loving the person and their religion, that in it's self is respect
      in own family i know my aunts have converted and takin to Islam in the proper manner and not just for marriage purposes

Comment

Marriages where one partner has converted in a nominal sense rarely last long.

However converts from a non Muslim background tend to be far more devout and sincere than born Muslims.

Farouq Taj.

Comment

Dear Farhan1
          What R your plans?
          Any progress yet.

Comment

Working...
          X