Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good old "none of your business" days.

Does some one remember this phrase?.
    Let me post this question in an other way. Does some one remember hearing this phrase said in their
    vicinity over 5 or 6 time ? If yes then I bet you remember pre social media world too.

Now in social media world every thing is every ones business. You can show your dislike of any thing.
    No one will ever tell you "mind your own business" because of the fact they made it their thing their life your business
    by "posting" in the first place. Posting as in broadcasting and advertising almost every thing they do.

I have feeling this behavior did not evolve in a vacuum. Its mimicry of ways actors and shobiz people project themselves.

Can you imagine a shobix person saying "none of your business" ?

So again when did your hear some one say "none of your business" to some one who was being nosy ?
    ﺃﷲ ﻧﯣﺮ ﺇﺴﻣﺇﯣﺇﺕ ﯣﺇﻠﺄﺮﺾ_ Best cheese-maker of monkVille

Re: Good old "none of your business" days.

So this is none of your business 🙄
    “The keys to the life of the heart lie in reflecting upon the Quran, being humble before Allah in secret, and leaving sins.” Ibn Qayyim al Jawziyyah

Comment

Now I have that Salt n' Pepa song in my head! Thanks Monk!

On topic though... corporations also have a huge incentive to promote the usage of social media from a data collection/ surveillance standpoint. User data is essentially vended to the highest bidder. The whole thing is pretty darn pernicious.
      Our backs tell stories no books have the spine to carry - Rupi Kaur

Comment

Originally posted by Tahurra View Post
        So this is none of your business 

Comment

Pre social media world was quite different. I remember the 'none of your business' phrase. Every time has its own beauty.
          Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

Remember the time when people wrote diaries and got mad if somebody read them? now they put everything online and get mad if nobody does!
            I'm Not The Messiah, I'm A Very Naughty Boy

Comment

Originally posted by NavAhmed View Post
              Remember the time when people wrote diaries and got mad if somebody read them? now they put everything online and get mad if nobody does!

Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

Well it still has a lot of meaning actually . Say someone posts a picture of them eating Sushi . Friend starts grilling you over it and says "you never liked sushi , how come you are posting pics of you having Sushi ?" and then comes the million dollar response : None of your business , get out of my facebook

The Prophet Muhammad SAW reported that the Satan said to Allah: "I shall continue to lead Thy servants astray as long as their spirits are in their bodies." And Allah replied: "(Then) I shall continue to pardon them as long as they ask for My forgiveness." [Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 742]

Comment

I agree with chicken biryani, adding to it...
                  Blocking someone on social media is the digital way of saying 'none of your business'
                  وَمَا كَانَ رَبُّكَ نَسِيًّا

Comment

THIS ! so true !

Originally posted by pktun View Post
                    I agree with chicken biryani, adding to it...
                    Blocking someone on social media is the digital way of saying 'none of your business'
                    The Prophet Muhammad SAW reported that the Satan said to Allah: "I shall continue to lead Thy servants astray as long as their spirits are in their bodies." And Allah replied: "(Then) I shall continue to pardon them as long as they ask for My forgiveness." [Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 742]

Comment

Working...
                    X