Guppies in Hurricane Harvey effected areas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guppies in Hurricane Harvey effected areas

How are my fellow guppies/guppans doing in the states of Texas, Lousiana etc? Or if your family or friends are there. Is it dry yet?

I know its late to ask but better late than never

Heard the situation in Houston is still terrible
    Attitude is more important than facts.
    "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Re: Guppies in Hurricane Harvey effected areas

May Allah (swt) keep everyone safe
    Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

I asked TLK about a few that I knew lived in those areas and glad they are fine Alhumdullillah .

Seeing the people getting displaced so terribly is just sad . Hope the situation comes under control sooner than soon
      The Prophet Muhammad SAW reported that the Satan said to Allah: "I shall continue to lead Thy servants astray as long as their spirits are in their bodies." And Allah replied: "(Then) I shall continue to pardon them as long as they ask for My forgiveness." [Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 742]

Comment

I remember of a fellow guppy, used to b a good friend, STA...
        He was from Houston... [MENTION=45330]STA[/MENTION] if u r seeing this, report here foran se pehle

And if I m not wrong, [MENTION=1]azkar[/MENTION] is also from Houston!
        وَمَا كَانَ رَبُّكَ نَسِيًّا

Comment

Yea it's really bad. The inner loop area is fine for the most part (downtown, medical center, Bellaire etc.). Water has receded or is receding, and although homes in the Bellaire/West U area have flooded, they'll be ok because it's a wealthy neighborhood. They have the resources to get back to "normal" in the next few weeks/months. Our home/cars are ok. My husband has two co-workers and I have one whose homes flooded. But again, these people will be ok.

But outside the inner loop, the situation is beyond terrible. Thousands of people literally lost everything and do not have a home to go back to. Thousands of low-income people who don't have the property insurance or money to recover from this damage. I know several families who live out in the suburbs and while their home is fine, they're all flooded in and can't leave for at least a few more days. Schools, work....everything disrupted.

And many people are still stuck in severely flooded neighbors and being rescued in boats (I'm watching it on the local news right now).

Houston and surrounding areas have a LOOOOONG way to go before life is back to normal.

Comment

Opsss.. that's a sad news.. May everyone stay safe.. :flower:

Comment

Originally posted by pktun View Post
              I remember of a fellow guppy, used to b a good friend, STA...
              He was from Houston... @STA if u r seeing this, report here foran se pehle

And if I m not wrong, @azkar is also from Houston!
              I thought azkar is from Chicago.
              The Pakistani Brain of the Austria (formerly known as "The Pakistani Brain of UAE")

Comment

Originally posted by Paheli00 View Post
                Yea it's really bad. The inner loop area is fine for the most part (downtown, medical center, Bellaire etc.). Water has receded or is receding, and although homes in the Bellaire/West U area have flooded, they'll be ok because it's a wealthy neighborhood. They have the resources to get back to "normal" in the next few weeks/months. Our home/cars are ok. My husband has two co-workers and I have one whose homes flooded. But again, these people will be ok.

But outside the inner loop, the situation is beyond terrible. Thousands of people literally lost everything and do not have a home to go back to. Thousands of low-income people who don't have the property insurance or money to recover from this damage. I know several families who live out in the suburbs and while their home is fine, they're all flooded in and can't leave for at least a few more days. Schools, work....everything disrupted.

And many people are still stuck in severely flooded neighbors and being rescued in boats (I'm watching it on the local news right now).

Houston and surrounding areas have a LOOOOONG way to go before life is back to normal.

May Allah keep everyone safe.
                The Pakistani Brain of the Austria (formerly known as "The Pakistani Brain of UAE")

Comment

Azkar bhai is safe Alhumdullillah . TLK confirmed it.
                  The Prophet Muhammad SAW reported that the Satan said to Allah: "I shall continue to lead Thy servants astray as long as their spirits are in their bodies." And Allah replied: "(Then) I shall continue to pardon them as long as they ask for My forgiveness." [Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 742]

Comment

Originally posted by Chicken Biryani View Post
                    Azkar bhai is safe Alhumdullillah . TLK confirmed it.
                    Alhumdulillah
                    Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

Ya Azkar is fine and catching crocodiles in the flood water to make some soup. TLK advised him that sharing his experience as thats how he got his ear hair longer than the armpits'
                      Attitude is more important than facts.
                      "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Working...
                      X