Modified Food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modified Food

What are your views about genetically modified food??

Re: Modified Food

I would prefer not having it
    Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

Originally posted by LP View Post
      I would prefer not having it
      it is a doubt on technology ??

Comment

I prefer organic and not modified food.
        Doubt the humans and their limited research.
        Originally posted by Hakuna Matata View Post
        it is a doubt on technology ??

Comment

I prefer organic and not modified food.
          Doubt the humans and their limited research.
          hahaha

tussi chaa gaye o

Comment

I keep meaning to respond to this thread but never have time to sit down and really type out my thoughts.

What are your views about genetically modified food??
            In a word? Complicated.

I am essentially for modified food but with restriction, regulation, and ethics. It's my belief that we are reaching the point where we just can't sustain the population of the earth without some modification and scientific reliance with regard to our food. I think when people hear the term "GMO" images of Frankenveggies pop into their heads. The reality is less dramatic visually but no less dramatic in results. One only needs to look at the food revolution started by Norman Borlaug to see what the science can do to save lives... still nothing in life is without consequence and I think careful regulation could help thwart some of the more potentially unsavory aspects of GMO's.
            Last edited by FreshBakedPi; Aug 29, 2017, 03:24 PM. Reason: Grammatical error!
            Our backs tell stories no books have the spine to carry - Rupi Kaur

Comment

Originally posted by FreshBakedPi View Post
              I keep meaning to respond to this thread but never have time to sit down and really type out my thoughts.

In a word? Complicated.

I am essentially for modified food but with restriction, regulation, and ethics. It's my belief that we are reaching the point where we just can't sustain the population of the earth without some modification and scientific reliance with regard to our food. I think when people here the term "GMO" images of Frankenveggies pop into their heads. The reality is less dramatic in visually but no less dramatic in results. One only needs to look at the food revolution started by Norman Borlaug to see what the science can do to save lives... still nothing in life is without consequence and I think careful regulation could help thwart some of the more potentially unsavory aspects of GMO's.
              good one...

did you ever eat modified chicken egg?? they say it's not harmful specially for heart patients or patients with cholestrol problems.. I guess LALD..

Comment

good one...

did you ever eat modified chicken egg?? they say it's not harmful specially for heart patients or patients with cholestrol problems.. I guess LALD..
                Depends on what you mean by modified... Are you referring to non organic feed that the chickens eat?

Comment

Depends on what you mean by modified... Are you referring to non organic feed that the chickens eat?
                  I mean genetically modified chickens and eggs.. it read it in an article... they're saying this can be like medicine for keeping cholestrol in control..

Comment

I mean genetically modified chickens and eggs.. it read it in an article... they're saying this can be like medicine for keeping cholestrol in control..
                    I am not familiar with those types of eggs. Whatever they're doing is added after the fact. CLICK

These are the eggs I buy: Vital Farms

I'm less inclined to be for changes made to animals than I am to crops that, for instance, need to grow in arid conditions. Changing animals that are sentient beings is a slippery slope to navigate from an ethical standpoint.

Comment

I am not familiar with those types of eggs. Whatever they're doing is added after the fact. CLICK

I'm less inclined to be for changes made to animals than I am to crops that, for instance, need to grow in arid conditions. Changing animals that are sentient beings is a slippery slope to navigate from an ethical standpoint.

Those look like great eggs, I don't think we can buy them here, I get vitamin D added eggs as our part of the world is seriously deficient in it. I think in around 50 years most meat will come from factories and not animals, the science is there to grow meat from cells.

Comment

wow.. cool stuff...

section.jpg

Comment

In a word? Complicated.

I am essentially for modified food but with restriction, regulation, and ethics. It's my belief that we are reaching the point where we just can't sustain the population of the earth without some modification and scientific reliance with regard to our food. I think when people hear the term "GMO" images of Frankenveggies pop into their heads. The reality is less dramatic visually but no less dramatic in results. One only needs to look at the food revolution started by Norman Borlaug to see what the science can do to save lives... still nothing in life is without consequence and I think careful regulation could help thwart some of the more potentially unsavory aspects of GMO's.
                          Norman Borlaig was a long, but an interesting read. I think GMO isn't so bad after all

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby1 View Post
                            Those look like great eggs, I don't think we can buy them here, I get vitamin D added eggs as our part of the world is seriously deficient in it. I think in around 50 years most meat will come from factories and not animals, the science is there to grow meat from cells.
                            Do they inject vitamin D in the eggs?

Comment

Do they inject vitamin D in the eggs?
                              I think they feed the chicken vitamin D enriched diet, the yolks are a lot more yellow. They also have Omega 3 eggs here.

Comment

Working...
                              X