Your best body part...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your best body part...........

So when I went up hiking you get to see the human form at its best and if you are trying to gauge the hiker in front of you all you have to do is look at their calves and you can tell if they are veterans or just noobs starting. On the trip I saw some really massive calves, mine are not so bad but for some they were unbelievable. So for my best body part I would say my forearms are the best, none of the young men I know have beaten me in arm wrestling, not even Farhan who was in the Uni wrestling team. So post some pics if you can, it can be hair, eyes, height, abs even ears, elbows etc....

Re: Your best body part...........

Originally posted by Bobby1 View Post
    So when I went up hiking you get to see the human form at its best and if you are trying to gauge the hiker in front of you all you have to do is look at their calves and you can tell if they are veterans or just noobs starting. On the trip I saw some really massive calves, mine are not so bad but for some they were unbelievable. So for my best body part I would say my forearms are the best, none of the young men I know have beaten me in arm wrestling, not even Farhan who was in the Uni wrestling team. So post some pics if you can, it can be hair, eyes, height, abs even ears, elbows etc....
    Uh huh... you first!
    Our backs tell stories no books have the spine to carry - Rupi Kaur

Comment

Originally posted by FreshBakedPi View Post
      Uh huh... you first!
      Let us start with this young man who will hopefully challenge his old man soon

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...1f&oe=5A1B4A18

Comment

My best body parts are my abs and back.
        I'm Not The Messiah, I'm A Very Naughty Boy

Comment

Comment

My neck and collarbone
            Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

Originally posted by NavAhmed View Post
              Awesome, good for you for keeping in great shape.

Comment

My best body parts are my abs and back.
                Both those need a religious commitment, how many hours a week do you work out and any diet tips?

Comment

I work out for 90 minutes six days a week. Seventh day I go swimming. I do not follow a strict diet plan nor I take protein supplements. I do however have a high proportion of natural protein in my diet e.g. white meat and dairy etc, and avoid eating refined carbs and sugars etc.

I believe you can develop and maintain a good physique even with a desi food with discipline and dedication. Just cut out fried, oily and fatty food, and minimize sugar intake.

I also do not do any specific abs exercises, because if you do whole-body compound weight training exercises combined with adequate cardio and HIIT training, you can sculpture good abs naturally without having to focus too much on abs.

Comment

Originally posted by LP View Post
                    My neck and collarbone
                    bhooka jau rakhtey hain bechari baachi kau....lol, just kidding. When my wife went back home many moons ago and she was doing lots of aerobics and eating healthy and had a beautiful neck and collar bones and her mother started crying that mai baachi does not get food to eat and then force fed her.

Comment

I work out for 90 minutes six days a week. Seventh day I go swimming. I do not follow a strict diet plan nor I take protein supplements. I do however have a high proportion of natural protein in my diet e.g. white meat and dairy etc, and avoid eating refined carbs and sugars etc.

I believe you can develop and maintain a good physique even with a desi food with discipline and dedication. Just cut out fried, oily and fatty food, and minimize sugar intake.

I also do not do any specific abs exercises, because if you do whole-body compound weight training exercises combined with adequate cardio and HIIT training, you can sculpture good abs naturally without having to focus too much on abs.
                      Compound weight training exercises are really good, so many cuts of red meat are even leaner than chicken so do you think they should be fine also, like extra lean ground beef, sirloin etc? Our team coach makes the athletes switch things over a lot like one day the chin ups will be like slow motion and next time it will be explosive. BTW thank you so much for generously sharing your expertise for the benefit of lots of us. 90 minutes is lots but then it becomes a way of life.

Comment

All the things I like about myself physically would be inappropriate to post here in photo form and I'm not at all certain listing them would fare much better either.

Our backs tell stories no books have the spine to carry - Rupi Kaur

Comment

Originally posted by FreshBakedPi View Post
                          All the things I like about myself physically would be inappropriate to post here in photo form and I'm not at all certain listing them would fare much better either.

haha..that is how you say so much without saying anything...Intelligent people are such a treat to interact with.

Comment

That is a very interesting question and has been asked in the past. Lean red meat, especially sirloin and round meat is much better that red meat from other parts. The issue is even the leanest of red meats will have higher proportion of saturated fats than for example a fish, that has higher proportion of unsaturated fats which are good for heart. Generous amounts of lean red meat might even be better than white for muscle building, but its effect on blood cholesterol levels and cardiovascular health is of some concern. Since for weight training you have to consume large amounts of proteins, red meat usually comes secondary to white meat among seasoned trainers.

I like lean lamb back chops, but will only have beef occasionally (not disputing its qualities as a food staple).

Variation in training methods and exercises is vital, as with time your body gets used to of the training you keep doing without any change in routine hence reducing its effectiveness. The key is to keep the body anticipating and give it 'shocks' from time to time.

Please no need to thank me for anything, I learn a lot from you and many other posters on this forum, so its mutually beneficial.

Comment

That is a very interesting question and has been asked in the past. Lean red meat, especially sirloin and round meat is much better that red meat from other parts. The issue is even the leanest of red meats will have higher proportion of saturated fats than for example a fish, that has higher proportion of unsaturated fats which are good for heart. Generous amounts of lean red meat might even be better than white for muscle building, but its effect on blood cholesterol levels and cardiovascular health is of some concern. Since for weight training you have to consume large amounts of proteins, red meat usually comes secondary to white meat among seasoned trainers.

I like lean lamb back chops, but will only have beef occasionally (not disputing its qualities as a food staple).

Variation in training methods and exercises is vital, as with time your body gets used to of the training you keep doing without any change in routine hence reducing its effectiveness. The key is to keep the body anticipating and give it 'shocks' from time to time.

Please no need to thank me for anything, I learn a lot from you and many other posters on this forum, so its mutually beneficial.
                              So when the doctor ordered me to go for my blood test I was shaking in my boots as I eat like massive quantities of red meat and many eggs in a week but my Cholesterol was normal, this gorgeous hippy like doctor told me that cholesterol is no longer linked with heart disease and I found that hard to believe. There is a new study out there saying that and some doctors are subscribing to it. What are your views on that? If you dont mind sharing.

Comment

Working...
                              X