Cafe interview Q&A : SIDNY (Answers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cafe interview Q&A : SIDNY (Answers)

Now it's time for SIDNY to answer all the questions...

Thank you everyone for taking part and making this effort successful......

The question threthread is here ....

Re: Cafe interview Q&A : SIDNY (Answers)

Ahan, i didnt take a look at this thread till pktun mentioned it.

First of all, Thanks [MENTION=149445]Pakistani Prince[/MENTION] for reviving the Q&A series. For those who dont know we used to have it earlier but then slowly died down.

I feel honored to be the first one in the recent series though when PP opened this thread I told him I dont wanna be in the hot seat but then I didnt want to make his efforts go in vain either so here I'm.

Since the question thread is seperate, I'll be copying your questions and answering it here. It may get completed in few. Hope nobody has an objection it.
    Attitude is more important than facts.
    "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

[MENTION=227524]Anjul[/MENTION]

You asked:

We know it is your generosity that you work voluntarily here in the capacity of director but if you were asked to take salary after serving these many years then what would you say without consulting Chicken Biryani?
      Haha.. interesting you mentioned [MENTION=98071]Chicken Biryani[/MENTION] though I dont know why. But consultation is good, isnt it? And in GS its all a teamwork.

Now to answer your question, hypothetically speaking if I'm offered a salary it means one of the two things.

Either Azkar has gone insane, like total diwana or as my nani used to say, "satya gya hai".
      OR
      The site is making a lot of money.

Pehla option zara mushkil hai. Second option means GS is a full blown hit like other profitable social media websites like FB, twitter etc. I would say bring it on. Show me the money..

3784658-movies_money_screenshots_the_mask_jim_carrey_1920x1080_65497.jpg

Comment

[MENTION=254050]NaanGuard[/MENTION] you asked:

Pineapple on Pizza? YES OR NO?

Would you go GAY for a Million Dollars? and if not @ what price?

is the NY in SID_NY for the city or the state ?

So when I first came to this country and like others pizza was the fav choice for every other meal, one thing that I could never adopt among halal choices for pizza was, Pineapple Pizza. I did eat first few times and then I was like Jeez, its like kheer on biryani,its ruining the concept of pizza in my mind so before I stop eating pizza completely, better take pineapple out from it

Going Gay for a million dollar? Huh, who am i, a cheap shot? So hell to the No. Now a better lead will be to ask, "Raqam barhao Nawaz Sharif, hum tumhare sath hen".. but I guess I'll pass. How about give me a couple of million $$ and I'll attend all the LGBT rallies. I can also promise to change my DP on social media to rainbow colors

SID_NY.. Yaar kya yad dila diya. I was living in city and spending most of the time in manhattan when I adopted it. But then later I moved to outskirts (LI) and still there so its the state NY now. Though technically LI is a extension of queens which is city's borough but meh, let it be the state NY.

Comment

Where are people asking questions ? Here is mine. What is your fav character on GOT and what do you think will happen to Jon Snow? Why did you move to the US, i presume education?

Comment

Oye Hoye!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chaudhry sahab View Post
              Where are people asking questions ? Here is mine. What is your fav character on GOT and what do you think will happen to Jon Snow? Why did you move to the US, i presume education?

Chaudhry Sahab. You are cutting the line. J/k. Ofcourse feel free to question anywhere and anytime.

My fav Character is ofcourse........... half-wolf half-dragon Jon Snow just like pretty much everyone else. But if you ask me to pick one other than JS, I would go for... no, not khalesi.. but a lannister. And that is Tyrion Lannister. Man, this dude gets the best of the lines. He drinks and he knows things

giphy.gif

Now I've not seen this season yet (there is thread in showbiz section on GoT), but as for the future of Jon Snow is concerned, you know all good things come to an end. So my prediction is after getting a lot of successes and possibly the iron throne, he'll eventually die exactly like Ned Stark. Like a real man. But lets see

As for last one, I was born in Pakistan but then my entire family moved to US. So we all basically immigrated. I consider myself lucky Alhamdulillah as I didnt have to bear as much pain or face issues here as I've seen guyz coming on F1 or even H1.

Thank you for your questions

Comment

[MENTION=227524]Anjul[/MENTION], What was my mention about? I am so confused

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
                @Anjul

You asked:

Haha.. interesting you mentioned @Chicken Biryani though I dont know why. But consultation is good, isnt it? And in GS its all a teamwork.

Now to answer your question, hypothetically speaking if I'm offered a salary it means one of the two things.

Either Azkar has gone insane, like total diwana or as my nani used to say, "satya gya hai".
                OR
                The site is making a lot of money.

Pehla option zara mushkil hai. Second option means GS is a full blown hit like other profitable social media websites like FB, twitter etc. I would say bring it on. Show me the money..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71861[/ATTACH]
                The Prophet Muhammad SAW reported that the Satan said to Allah: "I shall continue to lead Thy servants astray as long as their spirits are in their bodies." And Allah replied: "(Then) I shall continue to pardon them as long as they ask for My forgiveness." [Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 742]

Comment

Here Sid is supposed to answer but on public demand I came. You appear to be a knowledgeable person in office/workplace related issues so I mentioned your name.
                  Sid, yes, it is in-built characteristic of a guppy/guppan to give and seek advise. You once told me that public here don't do google while participating in quizes so I supposed it would be unfair means to consult during interview so I said that. I must say that you have given an excellent answer.
                  zoobi doobi

Comment

[MENTION=100794]NomiCA[/MENTION] your questions:

Why you don't bring back the chatroom?

What you going to do to bring people back?

What you think is reason people abandoned this place so badly?

O I would love to answer GS questions

Chat: Trust me, I'm pushing Azkar very hard to bring it back. Though to get a hold of him itself is the most difficult part. To summarize the last status of our discussion on Chat, Chat is a separate feature and plugin thats associated with some cost. Previously we had it because we had a lot of traffic (and people's interest too). And its no secret that it has dramatically reduced in last few years. As soon as we get it back on track, I can have Azkar bear the cost and get chat revived. Lets see. For now consider it as a work-in-progress.

What are we doing to bring people back: Hm... Lets see. We started our efforts to bring back the people by taking two major steps:

(a) Azkar sending email to the few hundred top posters, not everyone, asking them to come back. Now ofcourse people have moved on, they have switched email addresses or they dont want to come back, thats whole another thing. But it was the first step.

(b) We put a flat unban across entire GS right from the day one to-date. Even those who were marked as never-to-be unbanned, I not only removed their bad status but welcomed them back to GS personally. Some of them are back to GS and active now, some opted not to. But thats their choice. If anybody contacts me and shows any reservations, I can assure that i'll do wutever it takes to address them.

Now thirdly, I contacted a lot many guppies/guppans myself, and asked them to come. And once again also asked them if the are concerned about anything that might be stopping it, but it looks like a lot of senior guppies have moved on with their lives.

Nevertheless, a past is a past. GS is open for everyone. Its like a institution which is here to stay. People will keep coming & going. Thats how its been

---

And now the hottest questions I guess.

Why people abandoned GS:

Great question. To me two fundamental reasons:

1) People moved on with their lives. A lot many got married, got into kids etc. Or if not marriage influence, those who were studying earlier and doing GS on leisure are now burdened with their career responsibilities. Since GS had been a part of their lives, I believe they'll eventually come back to GS at some stage but when, we dont know.

Now as you know there are a bunch who met on GS and are now mashallah happily married, they should defo stay on GS as it should be the monument of their first date (as long as they are happily married hopefully lol)

2) Technology: GS is losing its competition in technology with the other social media platforms. You dont need to be a designer or IT guru to see GS has a very old outlook and there are so many features that can be offered but are not there yet. Now remember in the first decade of this century, GS had a lot of options that was beating other social media platforms like Orkut or Facebook. but the other media thrived and they were there on commercial scale so they sustained. GS cannot be even compared with them.
                    In short, when people start becoming active on other social media, they left GS. But as i said, nobody leaves GS forever. They do comeback. When? I dont know.

Now there is a third one as well which you probably wanted to hear. Yes there was some heavy banning somewhere between 2011 to 2014-15. For wutever reason it was done, I'll not go in that detail nor i'll doubt anybody's intention. Eventually it did hurt GS. BUT its behind us now. We are moving ahead with a positive mindset and a much liberal policy. That being said, it doesnt mean that it's going to be a rule-less era. Unfortunately its very common that if mods go lenient, some take it as a weakness. Not at all, in the end of the day quality is better than quantity. So we'll still comply by the rules no matter what

Comment

GS has a very old outlook and there are so many features that can be offered but are not there yet.
                      good answers, but I disagree with this.. GS looks awesome..

I do search technical stuff for buying on other forums, but they all makes me uncomfortable by their outlook.. so please dont think about changing GS's outlook.. tuadi mehrbani...

and this
                      quality is better than quantity

Comment

Originally posted by Hakuna Matata View Post
                        good answers, but I disagree with this.. GS looks awesome..

I do search technical stuff for buying on other forums, but they all makes me uncomfortable by their outlook.. so please dont think about changing GS's outlook.. tuadi mehrbani...

and this
                        Thanks HM. Its really good to get some positive feedback

Comment

Thanks HM. Its really good to get some positive feedback
                          It's my genuine pleasure bro

GS is best...

Comment

SID_NY... you could be a politician! That was a very diplomatic response.
                            Our backs tell stories no books have the spine to carry - Rupi Kaur

Comment

Originally posted by FreshBakedPi View Post
                              SID_NY... you could be a politician! That was a very diplomatic response.
                              LOL.. i hope thats a compliment. But which one? I've given several here

Comment

Working...
                              X