• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music

Does music inspire you in anyway??

Re: Music

Originally posted by Hakuna Matata View Post
    Does music inspire you in anyway??
    No. But it has the ability to make me sad for no reason.
    Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

Originally posted by LP View Post
      No. But it has the ability to make me sad for no reason.
      opsss... do you listen to sad music ??

Comment

Originally posted by Hakuna Matata View Post
        opsss... do you listen to sad music ??
        Yeah... I like it

Comment

Originally posted by LP View Post
          Yeah... I like it
          I love listening to sad urdu songs, idk why.
          Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Comment

Certain types of music help me work with better clarity if that counts.
            Our backs tell stories no books have the spine to carry - Rupi Kaur

Comment

Originally posted by FreshBakedPi View Post
              Which kind?

Comment

@LP I am finding that lately I'm working better if I have something like Bonobo in the background. Or Ludovico Einaudi. The more secular stuff makes me sing or bop along to it so I don't concentrate as easily as when these two types of genres are playing. A couple examples below:

Bonobo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0Q4gqBUs7c

Ludovico Einaudi (and since you mentioned liking sad songs earlier I think this particular piece might be one that you'd enjoy. Wait for the crescendo )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VONMkKkdf4

I find them to be just the right amount of ambient noise enough to keep me focused (I don't work as effectively in complete silence) but not distinctive enough to distract me (for instance that darn Despacito song that comes on every time I get into my car and forces me to and dance (I use the term loosely) along to it )
                Our backs tell stories no books have the spine to carry - Rupi Kaur

Comment

Only the good music. One of the things that keeps me alive. Otherwise this world is so dead just look around yourself. Even the music being made these days is so dead listening to which makes you feel even more awful. Its difficult to find good music that makes one happy too. So I decided to try and experiment myself. Its like a challenge to only want to make good music which you like and the people like. Music just like everything else is so fast. They make a fast 145-150 tempo hiphop, throw in your face because that's what's selling mostly. I have made quite a number of commercial musicians unhappy due to my demands 'cause for them its just another commercial deal & for me it's a challenge. Cant take what does not feel good on my ears. Im not a machine nor do I want people to become machines. Then there are budget restrictions because music has also become just another business. Fine nothing wrong with that especially given not many business in Pakistan are doing good but atleast dont put garbage in atttactive packaging and call it music.

So its a huge challange to find someone who understands, works and produces on the same viberations as are in your mind in reasonable budget. Being a newbie with no industry connections and vessels of money to create an ocean to float in for businessmen in the music industry does not help & being a foreign returned Pakistani makes it alot more difficult because they all believe you do have those vessels.
                  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy4CadTJ6WCkBUESWotzlwg
                  https://www.instagram.com/mystiquepkofficial/

Comment

[MENTION=290490]Mystique[/MENTION] this is random but I just listened to your songs on You tube. Dang I am impressed, you have a really good voice mA.

Comment

OMG! Its so heart warming hearing the compliments trust me. That's so energizing knowing that there are people who like what you created with your heart in it.

Thanks a billion aqua. Adding a few more soon IA

Originally posted by aqua70 View Post
                      [MENTION=290490]Mystique[/MENTION] this is random but I just listened to your songs on You tube. Dang I am impressed, you have a really good voice mA.
                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy4CadTJ6WCkBUESWotzlwg
                      https://www.instagram.com/mystiquepkofficial/

Comment

Originally posted by Mystique View Post
                        OMG! Its so heart warming hearing the compliments trust me. That's so energizing knowing that there are people who like what you created with your heart in it.

Thanks a billion aqua. Adding a few more soon IA
                        Awesome, would love to hear more and you are very welcome!

Comment

@LP I am finding that lately I'm working better if I have something like Bonobo in the background. Or Ludovico Einaudi. The more secular stuff makes me sing or bop along to it so I don't concentrate as easily as when these two types of genres are playing. A couple examples below:

Bonobo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0Q4gqBUs7c

Ludovico Einaudi (and since you mentioned liking sad songs earlier I think this particular piece might be one that you'd enjoy. Wait for the crescendo )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VONMkKkdf4

I find them to be just the right amount of ambient noise enough to keep me focused (I don't work as effectively in complete silence) but not distinctive enough to distract me (for instance that darn Despacito song that comes on every time I get into my car and forces me to and dance (I use the term loosely) along to it )
                          Ludovico Einaudi was good

Comment

good to know that & welcome to GS

btw do you like pop/rock music??

Comment

Originally posted by Mystique View Post
                              Only the good music. One of the things that keeps me alive. Otherwise this world is so dead just look around yourself. Even the music being made these days is so dead listening to which makes you feel even more awful. Its difficult to find good music that makes one happy too. So I decided to try and experiment myself. Its like a challenge to only want to make good music which you like and the people like. Music just like everything else is so fast. They make a fast 145-150 tempo hiphop, throw in your face because that's what's selling mostly.
                              good..

you like oldies?? like 50's or 80's ??

Comment

Working...
                              X