Kug'goo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kug'goo

As the title says everything how do you guys informed for sehri and aftar timings? like siren, announcement or azaan ?

in my area, kug'goo is blown to aware us..

Re: Kug'goo

Thats the first time I read this word. What does it mean?

We've masjid calendar that we follow but still try to align it with TV/digital Azan. I also check with iphone app.

I remember in Pak it used to be with big siren. And well there are masjid over there in each street so either way its no trouble.
    Attitude is more important than facts.
    "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
      Thats the first time I read this word. What does it mean?

We've masjid calendar that we follow but still try to align it with TV/digital Azan. I also check with iphone app.

I remember in Pak it used to be with big siren. And well there are masjid over there in each street so either way its no trouble.
      that big siren is called Kug'goo

Comment

Calendar... Azan ki awaz for iftar
        Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

in my village a long time ago, they used to beat the drum in a partciular rhythm...kids, including me, used to line up to take our turn beating the drum.

at Aligarh Muslim University, siren would go off at iftar time and 15 minutes before the end of sahoor.
          Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
          16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

Lol, I didn't know a kug'goo is a siren.

I have always heard it in a different context and thus thought a kug'goo is a person who is being slow/tired/silent.

'Kug'goo ban ke beh gaya'

Comment

the word you are reffering to is probably "ghugghoo". a ghugghoo is another name for ulloo [owl] which is, you are right, very sluggish during the day being a nocturnal bird.
              Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
              16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

Originally posted by KKF View Post
                the word you are reffering to is probably "ghugghoo". a ghugghoo is another name for ulloo [owl] which is, you are right, very sluggish during the day being a nocturnal bird.
                Ok, didn't know about that either

The things you learn

Comment

Originally posted by Le Pakistan View Post
                  Lol, I didn't know a kug'goo is a siren.

I have always heard it in a different context and thus thought a kug'goo is a person who is being slow/tired/silent.

'Kug'goo ban ke beh gaya'
                  wow! look at your punjabi yes Kug'goo means bewkoof and dull..

Originally posted by KKF View Post
                  yup, kug'goo have many meanings like,

1. Ullu
                  2. Chughad
                  3. Bewkoof
                  4. Mitti ka aik khilona jo phoonkne se bajta hai.
                  5. Dakhani kaarkhano ke engine ki awaz.
                  6. Air siren/horn

Comment

Ghuggu means fattu.
                    zoobi doobi

Comment

Salat time calendar from the masjid. Well for this Ramadan, the online version of it.
                      Tell your assassin to aim for her head...because she doesn't have a heart.

Comment

Despite all my urdu and punjabi skills that I am very proud of , it took me 5 minutes to figure out what Kug'goo means

And then I realized my husband calls the shop assistants Kuggoo's ! just tells me , tum udhar kuggoo dhoondo , mai idhar dekhta hoon , call him ( to find out something about the product we are buying ! ) I would go and find the kuggoo and bring him to the isle !

Today I find out , as shocking as it is , that KUggoo is something else !!
                        The Prophet Muhammad SAW reported that the Satan said to Allah: "I shall continue to lead Thy servants astray as long as their spirits are in their bodies." And Allah replied: "(Then) I shall continue to pardon them as long as they ask for My forgiveness." [Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 742]

Comment

Originally posted by Chicken Biryani View Post
                          Despite all my urdu and punjabi skills that I am very proud of , it took me 5 minutes to figure out what Kug'goo means

And then I realized my husband calls the shop assistants Kuggoo's ! just tells me , tum udhar kuggoo dhoondo , mai idhar dekhta hoon , call him ( to find out something about the product we are buying ! ) I would go and find the kuggoo and bring him to the isle !

Today I find out , as shocking as it is , that KUggoo is something else !!
                          lol

Comment

Working...
                          X