Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Posting Pictures Of Iftari All Over Facebook.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posting Pictures Of Iftari All Over Facebook.....

So I am seeing floods of pictures of incredible feasts and Iftaris all over my fb, this has me confused, isn't the holy month for sacrifice and humility and what is the point of not eating all day if you are going to gorge yourself on a feast fit for a king at sunset. Rather than feeling the pain of the underprivileged, this makes even someone like me feel deprived. So if the grocery bill doubles than where is the sacrifice and haven't really seen any of the people on fb work to feed the hungry. So is this acceptable behavior?

Re: Posting Pictures Of Iftari All Over Facebook.....

no its not.. log din me sote aur aftari time khaabay khaa rahe hote hain.. and mostly to roza rakhte hi nahi upar se besharam samne hi khaa pee rahe hote hain...

P.S: o koi sharam hoti hai koi haya hoti hai koi ethics hote hain etc etc...

Comment

you are talking about taqwa [piety] while siyaam [fasting] is fard [obligatory]...taqwa comes with pure intention, fear of Allah and it takes time...bare minimum is the starting point for anyone, even the most m utaqqii person on earth.
      Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
      16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

My wife had only some fruits, I made her some Roohafza in milk and kids insisted on making her some nachos. This I can totally respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby1 View Post
          My wife had only some fruits, I made her some Roohafza in milk and kids insisted on making her some nachos. This I can totally respect.
          Rooh-Afzaa in Canada?
          Do gorays drink our rooh-Afzaa ?

Comment

I try to avoid eating too much or anything really fancy so that I can pace myself for Taraweeh and other ibadaat. The way I see it is that if someone is fasting during the day, avoiding food and drink at that time then that duty is fulfilled and it is ones own choice how much they eat when they can. For myself, the time is too valuable to just use in eating.
            Tell your assassin to aim for her head...because she doesn't have a heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Pakistani Prince View Post
              Rooh-Afzaa in Canada?
              Desi stores have crates of those, I put in milk and add whole bunch Tukh Malanga in it, kids love it. I drank 4 glasses and didn't eat any roti.

Comment

Desi stores have crates of those, I put in milk and add whole bunch Tukh Malanga in it, kids love it. I drank 4 glasses and didn't eat any roti.
                Ooh I do that too, it is literally the best drink to have after fasting, so refreshing and delicious. Although currently we don't have rooh afza because someone forgot to buy it lol but even just milk, light sugar, and tons of chia seeds with a hint of coconut shreds is so good.
                Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
                  I try to avoid eating too much or anything really fancy so that I can pace myself for Taraweeh and other ibadaat. The way I see it is that if someone is fasting during the day, avoiding food and drink at that time then that duty is fulfilled and it is ones own choice how much they eat when they can. For myself, the time is too valuable to just use in eating.
                  I remember the hadith about Ammal and Niyyat, I feel the purpose of roza is to make you have empathy for the hungry and if you post pictures of feasts that will make even someone like me envious then how is that keeping in the spirit of the month. Actions required have a reason and purpose and if we forego the reason then what good is the action.

Comment

I remember the hadith about Ammal and Niyyat, I feel the purpose of roza is to make you have empathy for the hungry and if you post pictures of feasts that will make even someone like me envious then how is that keeping in the spirit of the month. Actions required have a reason and purpose and if we forego the reason then what good is the action.
                    The empathy for the hungry is something may come along with it but not the purpose itself. My purpose during the month is to get closer to Allah by developing discipline/good habits to carry on even after the month.

Given my purpose, there are more important things for me to focus on than eating. As for others, as long as they're eating when it's permissible to eat, I don't see a problem with that.
                    Tell your assassin to aim for her head...because she doesn't have a heart.

Comment

So I am seeing floods of pictures of incredible feasts and Iftaris all over my fb, this has me confused, isn't the holy month for sacrifice and humility and what is the point of not eating all day if you are going to gorge yourself on a feast fit for a king at sunset. Rather than feeling the pain of the underprivileged, this makes even someone like me feel deprived. So if the grocery bill doubles than where is the sacrifice and haven't really seen any of the people on fb work to feed the hungry. So is this acceptable behavior?
                      No comments on the bold part. It speaks for itself.

I doubt those pictures are that extravagant as you are making it seem. Also, how do you know that those people don't have empathy for the hungry or don't help the hungry. Do you want them to post and brag about their charity work and donations? Don't judge, live and let live blabla, right?
                      Good for your wife that she kept it simple. Let the others enjoy in their way.

Too much irony here.

Comment

Originally posted by Le Pakistan View Post
                        No comments on the bold part. It speaks for itself.

I doubt those pictures are that extravagant as you are making it seem. Also, how do you know that those people don't have empathy for the hungry or don't help the hungry. Do you want them to post and brag about their charity work and donations? Don't judge, right?
                        Good for your wife that she kept it simple. Let the others enjoy in their way.

Too much irony here.
                        How can one feast and also claim sacrifice? If you create scarcity of food and food prices double then the poor suffer more.

Comment

Originally posted by Pakistani Prince View Post
                          Rooh-Afzaa in Canada?
                          maswak bhee milti hai aur naswar bhee
                          hukam karookia chahiay
                          پورا مسلمان خود نہیں اور مجھے کافر کہتا ہے

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
                            The empathy for the hungry is something may come along with it but not the purpose itself. My purpose during the month is to get closer to Allah by developing discipline/good habits to carry on even after the month.

Given my purpose, there are more important things for me to focus on than eating. As for others, as long as they're eating when it's permissible to eat, I don't see a problem with that.
                            mashaALLAH very nice

Comment

Originally posted by Dhoti Main Dhamaka View Post
                              maswak bhee milti hai aur naswar bhee
                              hukam karookia chahiay
                              dhoti & lota milta hai??

Comment

Working...
                              X