First Things First

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Things First

What's the first thing you do when you wake up?
    Last edited by ChumChum; Mar 2, 2017, 10:13 PM.

Re: First Things First

check my phone
    Life is not happening to you. Life is responding to you.

Comment

Look at the time to see if I can sleep in a little more.
      Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Comment

Read morning dua. I am also guilty of checking my phone/email.

It would be nice to see what other people's morning rituals are.
        I wanted to start doing a few minutes of gratitude each morning. I should really start that.
        “Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”

Comment

I come into consciousness and keep my eyes closed. Often times, I wake up after sunrise and the brightness hurts my eyes. When I finally squint my eyes open, I reach for my phone...
          [MENTION=281656]Illuminate[/MENTION] is this the morning dua you read: Alhamdu lillahil-ladhi 'ahyana ba'da ma 'amatana wa'ilayhin-nushur (Praise is to Allah Who gives us life after He has caused us to die and to Him is the return.)? I always forget this dua and end up reciting Laa ilaaha illallaah over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by aqua70 View Post
            Look at the time to see if I can sleep in a little more.
            Same here.. with one eye open check the time in my phone and regardless of wut it is, try to get some more sleep even for a min
            Attitude is more important than facts.
            "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Originally posted by ChumChum View Post
              What's the first thing you do when you wake up?

Pray its still dark out and i've got more sleep time !!!!!

"If you're gonna be two-faced at least make one of them pretty."

>>> Perfecsheyn <<<

Comment

pray followed by stack of pills with breakfast.
                Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
                16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

Usually fumble for my phone and check the time.
                  Then go back to sleep :halo:
                  *Kya us manzil tak.... pohanchun gi kabhi...*

Sometimes our vision clears only after our eyes are washed away with tears.

Comment

Hope and pray , my kid doesnt realize , I am sneaking out of the bed or else it becomes a huge task to get by the morning routine and getting everyone ready and off to school and work !!
                    The Prophet Muhammad SAW reported that the Satan said to Allah: "I shall continue to lead Thy servants astray as long as their spirits are in their bodies." And Allah replied: "(Then) I shall continue to pardon them as long as they ask for My forgiveness." [Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 742]

Comment

I come into consciousness and keep my eyes closed. Often times, I wake up after sunrise and the brightness hurts my eyes. When I finally squint my eyes open, I reach for my phone...
                      @Illuminate is this the morning dua you read: Alhamdu lillahil-ladhi 'ahyana ba'da ma 'amatana wa'ilayhin-nushur (Praise is to Allah Who gives us life after He has caused us to die and to Him is the return.)? I always forget this dua and end up reciting Laa ilaaha illallaah over and over.
                      Yes, it sure is!
                      “Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”

Comment

So most of us are looking for some extra time to sleep in. For those who have children, I'll bet its nice to wake up after a full night's rest while the little ones are still sleeping.

I don't know if its a good thing that many of us reach for our phones...

Comment

Jumps outta bed and recites 4 Qul

Comment

[MENTION=134058]Hakuna Matata[/MENTION] How high do you jump?

Comment

So most of us are looking for some extra time to sleep in. For those who have children, I'll bet its nice to wake up after a full night's rest while the little ones are still sleeping.

I don't know if its a good thing that many of us reach for our phones...
                              I feel so bad waking my boy to go for practice at 5.30 am, my wife makes me feel like I am being cruel but that is how you makes boys into men. I know he whimpers now but soon he will be a man of steel. I have the morning duty so I take care of making breakfast and pack lunch for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X