Paradise..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paradise..........

I watched a french movie sometime back,,it was pretty stupid, theme was the destruction of world after ww3. A group of survivers , made animals of clay to get a feeling of life......This started a thought..
    I tried to imagine what I would want to include , if I was to create the earth all over again...Of course there were plants...a lot of different plants , with colorful flowers,,and huge big trees,,,and lonely cactii.....
    Than came animals....lions,tigers, zebras ,,deer dogs cats....all of them , didnt seem complete without any of thses,,,and birds ,,and caterpillars eating grass ....and so on..
    Next step was humans...there were brown skin black hair ppl like me,,than there were goras of course...it can certainly not be complete without the lovely gories you know..than there were blacks,,,walking their walk , and talking their talk....than some arabs,,with their interesting accents and dressess...than the orientals..who would do maths , if not for them....
    Cutting the story short , when my fantasy world completed , it had all , that is here now,,,didnt seem complete without any of these...
    I realized , I am living in the paradies...so perfect..but fail to realize it...
    Is this what khalil meant , when he said. ....."Walk slowly , or dont walk at all..."
    cause when we are walking fast , we miss all that is is present ,,all that is around us.....
    Any thoughts folks....

Nova some really beautiful thoughts.
    We forget often to appreciate the beauty of life that is around us. Thanks for reminding me.

I guess this is thread now can be replied to.

Comment

Hi Nova,

Yup, I guess we should appreciate the completeness of the world...but sometimes it feels as if its just a matter of getting used to.... what is 'normal'.
      I guess if the world comprised of only men & no women, it would have been a boring, dry & suicidal situation but it would have survived cuz nobody would comprehend the reason for boredom

ciao
      BoSS

Comment

"When my days' work is done
        and all around seems fine
        i sit and ponder
        on life
        and death...
        and upon wings of birds i fly
        soaring high
        and high
        unto the sky
        from whence i realise
        the wonders that display
        before mine eyes
        the shades of green and blue
        swirling white betwixt
        like brew in a witch's pot
        ever changing
        enchanting compelling
        i survey...
        above me there's no dome
        of pleasent summer sky
        or that studded firmament
        familiar to me
        since my birth
        from my mother's womb
        but alas!
        a radiant light
        not harsh
        to hurt mine eyes
        but warm
        and cool
        engulfing my being
        inexorably drawing me
        within
        and in
        and in
        and in........"

[This message has been edited by blitz (edited February 24, 1999).]

Comment

Very nice blitz

Comment

Thanx for the complement Zainab

speaking of paradise, did anyone here read Milton's "Paradise lost"?

Comment

Blitz, really good!

Reminds me of the song by BOYZONE, 'Paradise'

Comment

Working...
              X