X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Indian court allows consensual sex with minors"

Interesting read:

Indian court allows consensual sex with minors - DAWN.COM
    Are you planning on shampooing these dirty koalas?

Re: "Indian court allows consensual sex with minors"

Legally speaking, can minor give consensus?
    We should care for each other more than we care for ideas, or else we will end up killing each other.

Comment

Originally posted by muqawwee123 View Post
      Legally speaking, can minor give consensus?
      depends...Islamically, girls become adult at around age 13 and boys around age 15...it's the civil law that sets an age of 18 for adulthood.

this is the problem with the western world. they set the age at 18 and juvenile criminals get away with crimes, including murder and rape. it's not very uncommon to see a 14-16 years old boys and girls having babies...teenage pregnancy is a menace here...

...i think if you can make babies, you are an adult and face the tune of justice.
      Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
      16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

man made laws and rulings based on them keep changing...

Comment

Originally posted by Khalil KhaaN FaaKhta View Post
          depends...Islamically, girls become adult at around age 13 and boys around age 15...it's the civil law that sets an age of 18 for adulthood.

this is the problem with the western world. they set the age at 18 and juvenile criminals get away with crimes, including murder and rape. it's not very uncommon to see a 14-16 years old boys and girls having babies...teenage pregnancy is a menace here...

...i think if you can make babies, you are an adult and face the tune of justice.
          How does 13 YRO and 15 YRO being adults or not matter in teenage pregnancy?

I don't understand your point.
          Are you planning on shampooing these dirty koalas?

Comment

Originally posted by ShahreyarKhan View Post
            How does 13 YRO and 15 YRO being adults or not matter in teenage pregnancy?

I don't understand your point.
            my point is:

adulthood at age 18 is a western thing but in fact adulthood is way before that magical age. boys and girls are increasingly maturing earlier and earlier...around age 13-15...anyone under age 18 is considered minor while factually they are minor up until age 13 or 15.
            Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!

Comment

Homemade laws !
              My Attitude :
              If you want to say bad things about me behind my back,
              Come in front of me, I'll tell you more 3:)

Comment

my point is:

adulthood at age 18 is a western thing but in fact adulthood is way before that magical age. boys and girls are increasingly maturing earlier and earlier...around age 13-15...anyone under age 18 is considered minor while factually they are minor up until age 13 or 15.
                raging hormones don't equal adult behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by S02 View Post
                  raging hormones don't equal adult behavior.
                  Islamically, the age of adulthood is NOT at age 18.

Comment

Islamically, the age of adulthood is NOT at age 18.
                    Islamically, the age of adulthood was set according to the age of puberty, because having sex meant that you could start a family. Do you see any obstacles to trying to live an adult life at 13?
                    If a man speaks in a forest and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?

Comment

The way most adults act these days...it should be 40.
                      I'm quite illiterate, but I read a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost14 View Post
                        Islamically, the age of adulthood was set according to the age of puberty, because having sex meant that you could start a family. Do you see any obstacles to trying to live an adult life at 13?
                        we are talking about sexual crimes committed by teenagers...if you can commit the crime then you must do the time. it is the man's financial responsibility to take care of his family...if he or his parents can't take the responsibility then he must NOT marry...

btw, taking care means providing the basics in life because there is NO end to what you may desire to provide for the family...the basics are shelter, food, clothing, education and health. shelter doesn't eman a castle, education doesn't mean sending the child to Harvard and health doesn't mean the treatment at the finest hospital in town.

Comment

I thought Islamically it was younger for girls.. the age they reach puberty..

I don't agree with it personally..
                          Confidence is silent, insecurities are loud..

Comment

Originally posted by Deeba1234 View Post
                            I thought Islamically it was younger for girls.. the age they reach puberty..

I don't agree with it personally..
                            yes, i mentioned that in my earlier post...for girls between age 12-14, for boys 13-15.

sure, we may agree to disagree...it's ONLY fair!

Comment

Working...
                            X