We are the problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are the problem

Each time there is a border incident, we hurl insults at the other side. From the comforts of out keyboard. While the jawans on either side pay the price.

Grow up.
    Why isn't the Dividend story among the featured threads?

We are the problem

Agreed

Comment

Re: We are the problem

Here is a suggestion/request.

Let us make this a thread as a memorial to the dead jawans and civilians. Preferably, a Pakistani lists the Indian casualties, and wishes the departed souls peace. And vice versa.

Comment

"In February 2013 another incident occurred when on 15 February, a Pakistani soldier was killed in a firefight with Indian troops when he accidentally crossed over the line of control, injuring two Indian soldiers.

In July in a press-release, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said that a Pakistan Army soldier was killed and another was seriously injured in July firing by Indian troops from across the Line of Control (LoC) in the disputed region of Kashmir. The incident took place on Rawlakot’s Nezapir sector near the LoC at about 10:30 am on Saturday, 27 July 2013. Pakistan's soldier Asim Iqbal, a resident of a village near Rawalpindi, was killed in the firing and soldier Naik Mohammad Khan was critically wounded. "

Source wikipedia

May the soldiers Rest in Peace.

Comment

lol.
          Insulting and inflammatory signatures are not allowed, but posts are

Comment

Asim Iqbal hailed from the village of Chawarian near Rawalpindi. Hundreds attended his funeral. His photo shows him to be a young man with bright eyes. A premature end.

Comment

Given how well I get along with both Muslims and Indians, it's hard for me to understand the animosity back home. It would be like Canada and the US fighting each other. Yes they had wars, but now the border is largely unprotected. Perhaps such an arrangement between Pakistan and India in the future is only a pipe dream...
              If a man speaks in a forest and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost14 View Post
                Given how well I get along with both Muslims and Indians, it's hard for me to understand the animosity back home. It would be like Canada and the US fighting each other. Yes they had wars, but now the border is largely unprotected. Perhaps such an arrangement between Pakistan and India in the future is only a pipe dream...
                That's what I think also. One day I hope the relationship is like US-Canada. I think it's a mix of it is in politicians/media/establishment for India-Pakistan to see each other as enemies rather than friends. If one goes on youtube videos promoting hate and stereotypes get more votes than friendly ones. Unfortunately most of the population on either side has lack of exposure to other side and is uneducated and conditioned to see the other as anything but friends. These misconceptions melt when Indians and Pakistanis meet overseas or when they go to each other's country. The survivors of the partition have nothing but mostly respect for the people of where they are originally from. People who actually know people from the other side don't have those feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by delhi2lahorekarachi View Post
                  That's what I think also. One day I hope the relationship is like US-Canada. I think it's a mix of it is in politicians/media/establishment for India-Pakistan to see each other as enemies rather than friends. If one goes on youtube videos promoting hate and stereotypes get more votes than friendly ones. Unfortunately most of the population on either side has lack of exposure to other side and is uneducated and conditioned to see the other as anything but friends. These misconceptions melt when Indians and Pakistanis meet overseas or when they go to each other's country. The survivors of the partition have nothing but mostly respect for the people of where they are originally from. People who actually know people from the other side don't have those feelings.
                  That's like .01% of people on both sides. The problems are the governments and their countless mind games.

Comment

Jessus!!!
                    you people.
                    Some one please tell me, why is bigger bully-ier country, always want peace after it taking a good shot at
                    smaller country ???

Its like big grizzly eating one family member of moose, when moose is angry and bear had tummy full he wants peace. Only till he gets hungry again.

Grow the hell up people, no one should die, but make no mistake big countries are dumb like bricks, they would exploit their own people, neighbours, basically where every they can have their hands on.
                    Only reason their dumbassness hardy exposed because they pick target which is just too weak....
                    ﺃﷲ ﻧﯣﺮ ﺇﺴﻣﺇﯣﺇﺕ ﯣﺇﻠﺄﺮﺾ_ Best cheese-maker of monkVille

Comment

No we are not the problem.

Comment

USA and CANADA........really?

Any wars? Nukes? don't think so...

further, it would mean Pakistan having to become india's b%^#%...like canada is america's.......with nukes in the picture...i don't see that happening ever.
                        Insulting and inflammatory signatures are not allowed, but posts are

Comment

Originally posted by ButtSb View Post

further, it would mean Pakistan having to become india's b%^#%...like canada is america's.......with nukes in the picture...i don't see that happening ever.
                          Like maybe France and Germany then or US-Japan. Or other European countries like Poland-Germany. They had bad pasts and they overcame it. The main thing was to point out people with similarities culturally who may have had bad pasts but things are not so bad now. I think there is nothing wrong with wishing something similar. Average people on either side cant really change what government/military does or the law and order situation but they can encourage peace in subcontinental area. Like this cycle group cycling from india to Islamabad promoting peace and hope for a south Asian confederation like EU. DU Students cycle from Kanyakumari to Islamabad in quest for peace They have not got much media coverage from either media.

Comment

Originally posted by ButtSb View Post

Yes, they've fought wars, while Canada was still a British colony. No, Canada doesn't have any nukes. Canada is as much America's ***** as everyone else is, meaning every country's economy goes up and down with America's because of its size. If Pakistan and India ever started trading then Pakistan's economy would be reliant on India.

The fact that you came out with a combative attitude is the problem. Culturally, the countries are very similar. Why do you hate them? Because some old dead guys drew an imaginary line across the Earth?
                            If a man speaks in a forest and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?

Comment

Upon further search, found that Naik Mohammad Khan is undergoing treatment for his injuries. May Naik Mohammad Khan make a full recovery. No further news was available re the family members who are dependant on him. May God show kindness to his family. And to the family of Asim Iqbal.

Comment

Working...
                              X